Supermercado janet's (cabarete)

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Im writing this because its really going to far and getting on my nerves.
You constantly have to watch out for rip offs i know we are in DR. When a colmado scams you over 5 peso ok I get it. But when the supermarket keeps on conning people it realy ****es me off.

So i have noticed before, janet's put up a sign "oferta para agotar existencia" but when you look under the paper you will see the price is exactly the same. They con you into thinking its a deal. Thats what they do most of the time

A week ago there was a oferta on 911 energy drinks ( i love them) they were on sale for 40 peso but they normaly cost 36 peso ! So they raise the price and tell you its an offerta! Common are you serious ?

Yesterday, all 2 L pepsi were on sale for 42 instead of 50. The offerta was allready going on for 3 days now and yesterday night i buy some. They scan it boom ! I get charched 50 peso, i got realy ****ed cuz the cashier didnt even knew there was an offerta. The manager comes and appearently they didnt gave it in on the computer. So when they scan the barcode its regular price. So all the people in the past 3 days got ripped of by these people.

Everytime i talk to the manager about it they come with lame exuses. I never had this problem in la sirena.

jeff76

Dec 30, 2012
I consider that kind of stuff a game. If they tricked me and I paid higher price well they won that round,haha. It's DR, you should be expecting that type of stuff to happen.

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Its fals advertising. I dont cry about it it just ****es me out. You go and be like "ok you got me here is my money "

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Im not going 45 km to la sirena, it doesnt happen to me all the time what happens all the time is me telling them, Yo you r overcharging me on that,that and that.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
They can charge me a premium, as long as that chica that works the aisles doing inventory, continues to display those huge mangos.Sometimes I forget why I went into that store.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
This Dominican style of "I have to con you out of 5 pesos or the day is wasted for me" either stops bothering you after 1 year in DR or you just have to move, its not worth the fight. I actually get nicely surprised if the advertised discount is actually applied at the cash.

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
If you get worked up like this over a few pesos what are you going to do when when you really get ripped off. You are in the DR !!!

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Go Fresh

:classic:
A week ago there was a oferta on 911 energy drinks ( i love them) they were on sale for 40 peso but they normaly cost 36 peso ! So they raise the price and tell you its an offerta! Common are you serious ?

Yesterday, all 2 L pepsi were on sale for 42 instead of 50. .

You live in the tropics. You'd be much better off ingesting fresh fruit and juices from local vendors.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I train my memory like that, the rare times I join my wife to do the weekly shopping. You should see their faces at the cashier when out of 10,000 pesos worth of products I tell them 3 or 4 times: this has another price on the shelf.

What does surprise me is that at Bravo, having digital price tags, still it happens that the price at the cashier is different. Why aren't these systems linked?

jeff76

Dec 30, 2012
Its fals advertising. I dont cry about it it just ****es me out. You go and be like "ok you got me here is my money "

Life is too short for me to worry about a few pesos here and there so I don't stress about. That's what it is like in the DR. It probably won't change so why get worked up about it.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
For me it's a lot MORE than a few pesos!
Spending about 80,000 pesos a month on food, you get good at catching the "Super Market Scams" here.
I like Supermercados National, but they are the WORST at having one "SALE" price at the item, and another at the register!!!
Sometimes 50 pesos on an expensive item.
They ALWAYS claim "Computer Error", but after shopping there since 1986, only one time, out of Thousands, has the "Computer Erred" in MY FAVOR!!!!!!!!!!
I was once charged 400 pesos each on 10 cans of sardines that were "On Sale" for 20 pesos each!
I didn't notice until I got home.
(Cashier Was A Real FOX, and I was looking at her, not the cash register)
I went back to see the manager, I told him, and showed him, what had happened.
He gave me "The Look", and spent forever "Verifying" my "Claim"!
I mean, "c mon", 4000 pesos for 10 cans of sardines?????
AND, be sure an check the "Date Code" on EVERYTHING!
Especially if is from the USA.
They buy stuff that is out-of-code, or nearly "OUT" to dump here.
Dominicans never know, since they have no idea what a "Date Code" is, or how to read it!
I Do!
I pointed out to the manager at Sup Mer Nat. all of one item imported from the USA was "Out Dated".
He put a "surprised" look on his face, called someone to remove them.
Next day, they were all back!
The only time I get good, "Customer Service" here, is when I pay a prostitute for a "BJ"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This happens everywhere in the world. Some supermarkets in the US brag that they have a policy that if the register rings up the item for more, you get it for free. Can't see that happening in DR.

Yesterday was my "shoe shopping for people in DR day". [I'm still in US] Bought about 6 pair of shoes and sneakers. One of the boxes [sneakers for our caretaker] had a big yellow "sale" card with the price, and it rang up for $10 more. I told the cashier, and she said "Oh, someone must have put that on there by mistake". And I said "Well, mistake or not, that's what I'm paying, call your manager." She did. No hesitation, price was adjusted. I was probably a little too stern with the cashier, she was ditzy, but I had just come from CVS, where they had double charged me for not one, but three different items. Took them about 10 minutes to refund almost $20. Arghhhhhhhh!

To the OP: I **GET** what upset you!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
For me it's a lot MORE than a few pesos!
Spending about 80,000 pesos a month on food, you get good at catching the "Super Market Scams" here.
I like Supermercados National, but they are the WORST at having one "SALE" price at the item, and another at the register!!!
Sometimes 50 pesos on an expensive item.
They ALWAYS claim "Computer Error", but after shopping there since 1986, only one time, out of Thousands, has the "Computer Erred" in MY FAVOR!!!!!!!!!!
I was once charged 400 pesos each on 10 cans of sardines that were "On Sale" for 20 pesos each!
I didn't notice until I got home.
(Cashier Was A Real FOX, and I was looking at her, not the cash register)
I went back to see the manager, I told him, and showed him, what had happened.
He gave me "The Look", and spent forever "Verifying" my "Claim"!
I mean, "c mon", 4000 pesos for 10 cans of sardines?????
AND, be sure an check the "Date Code" on EVERYTHING!
Especially if is from the USA.
They buy stuff that is out-of-code, or nearly "OUT" to dump here.
Dominicans never know, since they have no idea what a "Date Code" is, or how to read it!
I Do!
I pointed out to the manager at Sup Mer Nat. all of one item imported from the USA was "Out Dated".
He put a "surprised" look on his face, called someone to remove them.
Next day, they were all back!
The only time I get good, "Customer Service" here, is when I pay a prostitute for a "BJ"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Especially beware when there is NO date to be found. I have seen with my own eyes two ladies in a room removing dates from cans. I'm not going to say in which company, while I'm they all do it.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Especially beware when there is NO date to be found. I have seen with my own eyes two ladies in a room removing dates from cans. I'm not going to say in which company, while I'm they all do it.

I don't doubt that. When our daughter was a teenager, the store she worked in gave her cotton pads and a bottle of nail polish remover, and told her to wipe all the dates off the outdated foods.