Renting a speedboat for two weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubcreator

Sep 15, 2013
Belgium
Is it possible to rent a speedboat for two full weeks in Bayahibe?:classic: If it is, can I dock my boat anywhere I want?;)
Can I use it in the dark?:pirate:
Anyone?:D

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
What...you plan on doing some nighttime reconnaissance with the Colombians?

You plan on dumping a body at night?

You plan on using the boat for nighttime skinny dipping?

you willing to take the chance of running it into exposed reefs and rocks at night while water skiing?

I can't really think of anything good coming from using it at night unless you plan on using it for transporting Dominicans back and forth to Puerto Rico for a day of shopping.

Frank

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Dub", I went and read all your 9 posts.
WTF"?????
Do you have Attention Deficit Disorder???
"Calm Down".
No matter what the Threads are about, you seem to have a comment.
How much time have you actually spent here in the DR to make you so knowledgable????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Dubcreator

Sep 15, 2013
Belgium
Mister CCCCCCCCC...
If you really must know, I've been coming to the DR since 1985, so I have been around the Island including the 'other' side, where the haitians are trying to survive.
So I have seen more or less what is going on and how things are 'supposed' to work, and as far as I know there are no restrictions on how many or on what posts someone can respond or 'comment'.
Do I have ADD? Maybe, need I to calm down? Well, that's why I am coming this October to chill for 3 weeks:cool:
Now you may disagree with the posts, not like them, or think they have no point, everybody is free to have an opinion.
Seriously, between my 9 or 10 posts and your, hmm, 12800, if not more, what's the big deal anyway?
Some people Like my posts, some don't, get over it and try using a bit less CCCCCCCCCCCC's
No hard feelings and if we ever meet I'll by you a few 'fresca's', but no chicas;)

Dubcreator

Sep 15, 2013
Belgium
What...you plan on doing some nighttime reconnaissance with the Colombians?

You plan on dumping a body at night?

You plan on using the boat for nighttime skinny dipping?

you willing to take the chance of running it into exposed reefs and rocks at night while water skiing?

I can't really think of anything good coming from using it at night unless you plan on using it for transporting Dominicans back and forth to Puerto Rico for a day of shopping.

Frank
Well, it seems safer and more fun to go by boat to La Romana than by road as they drive like nuts especially in the dark...
No 'body dumping' unless I can help you with some...:paranoid:
Not so keen to rent a car, thought a boat would be nice, if only for the views, it certainly is more fun then a 'coche'.
And if shopping is cheaper in Puerto Rico I might consider it;)
Colombians do not need to reply, unless they are paying for gas, just kidding...

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Is it possible to rent a speedboat for two full weeks in Bayahibe?:classic: If it is, can I dock my boat anywhere I want?;)
Can I use it in the dark?:pirate:
Anyone?:D

Very Risky in this era. Bet the richest run out of Cap Cana with very official papers, security close by and military within radio contact.

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Rent a "self drive" speed boat in Bayahibe? No.
Rent one with a captain, yes.
Find a captain available at your service 24/7? I doubt it and it would cost you $$$$.
The only boats legally out at night are the dive companies doing night dives and those boats are equipped with port/starboard lights etc, speed boats/lanchas are not.
Good luck navigating the reefs at night!

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
Rent a "self drive" speed boat in Bayahibe? No.
Rent one with a captain, yes.
Find a captain available at your service 24/7? I doubt it and it would cost you $$$$.
The only boats legally out at night are the dive companies doing night dives and those boats are equipped with port/starboard lights etc, speed boats/lanchas are not.
Good luck navigating the reefs at night!

what law prohibits 'driving' a boat at night !!!!, is so, is it constitutional?

only for safety reasons I would rather sail than drive a car, even if it takes longer, more so at night, statistics are on my favor

did anyone answered the original questions to the OP?

real serious questions deserve real serious answers...

if you are not serious, dont shoot from the heap, thanks

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
what law prohibits 'driving' a boat at night !!!!, is so, is it constitutional?

Read my post again more slowly, then you will see I didn't say there was a law against boat use at night. I said legal boats have lights at night. Lanchas/speedboats are not equipped with lights.

did anyone answered the original questions to the OP?
Again read my post more slowly and you'll see the first 3 lines answer some of the OPs questions.

if you are not serious, dont shoot from the heap, thanks
I think you mean "from the hip" don't you?

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
yb1,

OP asked, "Is it possible to rent a speedboat for two full weeks in Bayahibe? If it is, can I dock my boat anywhere I want?

Can I use it in the dark?

Anyone?"

ybi replied

"Rent a "self drive" speed boat in Bayahibe? No. "

now me shooting from the hip... not heap :)

1- why not? $$$ talks, make a proposal, offer a good deposit etc

"Find a captain available at your service 24/7? I doubt it and it would cost you $$$$. "

2- read 1 above

"The only boats legally out at night are the dive companies doing night dives and those boats are equipped with port/starboard lights etc, "

3- what do you mean "legally"?, is all car driving done "legally" in dr

"speed boats/lanchas are not. " "Lanchas/speedboats are not equipped with lights."

4.0 - really?, what is the basis for your statement?, [legal or whatever]

4.1- if true, what anyway? do all car drivers utilized signal ligths [more or less the equivalent to port/starboard lights]

4.2- so are replying to OP that he can not 'use it in the dark'

"Good luck navigating the reefs at night!"

4- no problem at all with all electronic equipment that tell you evertything in your path,

5- can you say the same for potholes on the road and all sort of unpredictable situations?

did you hear the old song, "el el mar la vida es mas sabrosa, en el mar todo es felicidad"?,

'at sea, life is better, it is all hapiness'

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
no, you can't rent a speedboat for two weeks to drive it yourself. noone who owns such boats would leave them to a stranger unless a cash deposit of at least the full purchase value of such boat and engine is received.
No, you can not hit land/shore where ever you like. IF you have a boat, it is registered at a specific port/anker location/Beach area and has to be back at it's spot by 6PM (some locations have different hours and permits for later arrivals are given, you need to check such with the local Marine Station where the boat is registered as its homeport).
EVERY Boat on the Island has to check out with its port authorities every day again when they leave their location, doesn't matter it is for a pleasure ride or skiing or fishing or shopping somewhere or whatsoever. to get the daily permit you have to tell the authorities your planned hours of beeing off and the purpose of your ride.
in case you want to enter an other port/shore location than your homeport, you need to get the specific daily permit for that, the authorities inform in such case your destination port authorities about your arrival and you have to arrive there prior to that locations set time of "all boats docked/ankered".
the reason why Night Drives on the water are Prohobited(only allowed for some few specific vessels, most of them run evening activities like tourist cruises and/or are commercial fishing boats who spend the nighyt/week off port) is the illegal transit of Humans and Drugs between the DR and Puerto Rico.
driving open waters like the OP has in mind, for someone not very very familiar with the local waters and reefs, would be a idea for a well insane mind, an other reason why nobody would rent out a boat without a local Crew in command of the vessel, big or small boat doesn't matter.
btw, driving a small ole speedboat with the typical 2 stroke outboards to La Romana for shopping, including the fees to dock there etc etc, the fuel would cost as much as renting a Helicopter who sets you off at the parking lot of Jumbo La Romana more convenient, lol.

activities on the water are regulated very strictly, due the presence of illegal runs for Human trafficking and Narcotrafficking. the daily permits for driving a vessle off port are also only given to persons registered as the Crew/Captain of a specific vessel by the owner(the person who's name is shown in the boatpapers at the Port Station). such captain has to show/bring a copy of his cedula to deposit at the same station.
for the way back from the new port destin to the regular port of the vessel, the reverse procedure applies, all that stuff again.

boats with just one engine seldomly get a permit to leave the inshore/inside of the reefline waters, specially small speedboats with one outboard, and less if driven by a skipper not known by the port authorities.

No Law necesary for that stuff, it is ruled by the Marina de Guerra and what they allow or prohibid is The LAW for that Day/Moment, they do not need any backup by any paragraph or constitutional line written on a paper or such crap, they just tell you the rules of the day when you are there at their place to ask about something.

Mike

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
mikefisher, since you are not quoting the law, it seem to me you are not taking into consideration the present legal situation

nor taking into consideration to whom they impose those stupid unwritten 'rules', or what exatly 'they' want, $

of course you have to show you are not into 'fishy' activity

you have to read how others like someone named Frank -I dont think he is posting in DR1- have been able to refuse taking stupid orders

i myself dont take stupid orders from no one, show i mean business and that have no friends in "colombia"

remember when police towed the car i was driving, while i had coffe at the entrance of calle el Conde, I went to "palacio de la policia", did not pay any fine and they gave the car back to me, right there, i think it was during balaguer regime, now it is easier

same around 2010, riding a motorcycle,

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
keep drinking coffee and ride your motorcycle where ever you want.
i just answered the questions asked by the OP, his venture in mind will not come true to be done, point.
i don't need to refer to any law, as the Law on this country's Islands waters is the Marina de Guerra, you need every day again their permit to be able to leave your registered homeport, and that's only possible at the times They tell you, point.
no law needed, i work on DR waters since almost 2 decades now, i own several boats from small dingies, small 21ft speedboats up to offshore sports fishing yachts, so i may not be a lawyer who can name you any useless written Laws, but i can tell you the facts of running a boat of any size on DR waters.
maybe you should just take a lawbook and read what is the Law for yourself, if that's easier to find out things.

Mike

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Empiric, MikeFisher is an authority on what can and cannot be done on the water around the DR. For the OP, if MF says that you cannot rent a self-driven speed boat, it can't be done unless you happen to have extreme amounts of money - then of course, anything can be done in the DR.

Laws in the DR are understood by few people. What happens in practice takes years of experience to learn.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
really, dishing mikefisher on this subject? his post was probably one of the post informative things i have read on dr1 in a long time. he works in this business and has been doing it for years and he knows more about the stuff that all other dr1ers combined.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Fun. Every other time shows up a newbie what knows it all and better than everybody else... I'm asking myself if it is the same guy(s) over and over...

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
Fun. Every other time shows up a newbie what knows it all and better than everybody else... I'm asking myself if it is the same guy(s) over and over...

it reminds me, about a decade ago, of very smart guy who participated in a WORLDWIDE forum, no joking matters, he was so good even researching issues [real dirty laundry, related to Coca-Cola etc etc, documental] about individual and entities dating back to the 19th century and more, but where highly respected to the present time

after many years just lurking, I decided to participate in that particular foum, a decade ago

so, this very smart guy [among the top 3 I would say] , "yelled" at me stating that for sure I was the SAME person who said something he considered no good some time ago in the forum...

he even threatened me to conctact my employer to fire me, LOL, I had been and independent business person for many years

I called the attention to the moderator and the owner of the 'show', but never got a response...

later I considered it was not worth to waste my time in nonproductive 'fights' and readings

my 'empiric experience' -obsrvation- tell me that those attitudes are and indication of a 'health' issue, and friends or relatives should notice before it is too late

the wise guy declared himself sick eventually, as the reason for not participating as much as before in that particular worldwide forum...

if you feel alluded it was not my intention :(

Status
Not open for further replies.