things i just can't seem to find any more.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
three things i just can't seem to find any more in santo domingo.

any idea where i can find .....wait for it......

1). kellog's rice krispies
2). carnation malted milk powder (closest thing i ever found to horlicks - not very nice)
3). mandarins - when is the season for these????

i really would like to find at least the first two.
may have to wait for the third.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The only rice krispies I ever find are in the mixed mini packs, usually from Pola.
Mandarins - should start appearing soon.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Generic rice krispies, exactly the same as Kellogs, are available at La Sirena. I had some this morning.

Mandarins are a month or so away, depending on the part of the country.

Malted milk powder. Interesting. I'd like to know where. I did have an amazing chocolate malted milk shake at Johnny Rockets in StoDgo...

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Have you tried Bravo?? they seem to have a lot more things there especially milks and cereal...I was shocked to see Fruity pebbles and Honeycombs, where Serina, Jumbo, Carrefour, National, and that other market I cannot think of the name don't sell...There are 2 Bravo's, one on Nunez which is fairly new, has a huge glass display of Parakeets, pretty cool! the other is down the street from Serina, both carry different things, guess it the areas based on demand..Overall, I think the one on Nunez is best..They also carry quite a few American items...If you sick & tired of only finding old Broccoli as I was at other stores, Bravo has American Broccoli, off the chain fresh!!

Anthony

Last edited:

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Have you tried Bravo?? they seem to have a lot more things there especially milks and cereal...I was shocked to see Fruity pebbles and Honeycombs, where Serina, Jumbo, Carrefour, National, and that other market I cannot think of the name don't sell...There are 2 Bravo's, one on Nunez which is fairly new, has a huge glass display of Parakeets, pretty cool! the other is down the street from Serina, both carry different things, guess it the areas based on demand..Overall, I think the one on Nunez is best..They also carry quite a few American items...If you sick & tired of only finding old Broccoli as I was at other stores, Bravo has American Broccoli, off the chain fresh!!

Anthony

There are 5 bravos in the capital, and 6 if you're counting the one in Santiago. Number 7 being build on romulo betancourt in SD.

Churchill, Enriquillo, Nu?ez, San Isidro, San Vicente, Santiago.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Damm Chiri, anytime I have been "served" Shredded wheat all I could think of was eating hay

see Island Dreaming, what you gotta do is take two big shdredded wheat biscuits, cover them with several pats of butter. Toss them in the toaster oven till the butter gets all melty. all the way melty. then drop them into the bowl of milk. they maake a sizzle sound and are so yummy. guarantee.

May 29, 2006
Mikey likes LIFE cereal. CHEX(there are several varieties) is what you make muddy buddies out of:

DSCF1281.JPG

Betty's Chex Muddy Buddies ("Puppy Chow") Recipe - YouTube

CHEX, Peanut Butter, Choc and Butter, then dredged in powdered sugar so they aren't sticky.

I made these for a summer camp. Kids love them, but they are a mess to make.