Is Facebook (FB) the next Apple or Amazon???

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
It's so hard making money in the DR, many people invest in the markets, live off pensions/investments..... I couldn't help noticing today Facebook had risen to $48..... not long ago it bottomed out at around $20.... just wondering if anyone fancies FB as a pension fund???
Could this stock be another Apple or Amazon?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
IMO. NO. And too many reasons to list about Facebook with the number one being the owner. I would not touch Apple these days either. Just IMO.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Cant help u. Dont like stocks. Prefer cash, gold, diamands and weapons(for the zombies). Oh and silver bullets( for the werewolves).
As my great uncle always used to say "u cant kill a tiger with a FBstock, unless ure called chuck norris".

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Yes, i never used facebook cuz i know its just a fase. People are tired of facebook. Instagram is rising quickly :) give it 2 years . You can buy stocks of twitter soon.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Don't invest in one stock, spread your risk.

People are tired of Facebook? Not according to their growth numbers.
FYI... Instagram is owned by Facebook :)

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
I remember when I first meet Robert, apple was at 145 or so and he always teased me (he was a pc guy) how stupid I was to keep buying it, when ever I had extra money I bought more, rest is history. Even now at 500 it is a bargain (earning ratio + future products in the making). I'm still a believer and like here the bashers always make the most noise.

I'm a believer in banks now (like BAC, has pulled back and a buy) as our economy regroups and then expands again. Banks have gotton all the bad loans off the books and I think will double in the next two years.

Recently I've owned netflix (if it can gets its subscriber base to start to expand again, it could be the next 1000 stock) and I also think google and amazon are save bets (they are not afraid to take chances and grow).

But remember ...

1.) only invest what you can safely live without
2.) follow your instincts and stay with them (I shorted bby and took small profit before they collapsed last week)
3.) dont be greedy
4.) don't listen to anyone on this board :)

Oh, Robert is now a mac guy:classic:

I always remember many years ago Crammers 4 horseman of tech and I made a ton by listening over the years. appel, google, amazon and ???? The last I never owned in a long position, instinct --- anyone know what the fourth stock was he recommended ??? ji ji ji

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I don't know the first thing about stocks, but I think Facebook is declining. PCs demise is dragging FB and some other content heavy apps with it. Twitter and Instagram are on the rise because they are mobile friendly, FB is not. And it's not that there will be a competitor to topple FB, it's just that that kind of apps are too cumbersome for the mobile environment, and will eventually be reduced to a very small market.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
It's so hard making money in the DR, many people invest in the markets, live off pensions/investments..... I couldn't help noticing today Facebook had risen to $48..... not long ago it bottomed out at around $20.... just wondering if anyone fancies FB as a pension fund???
Could this stock be another Apple or Amazon?

- start betting? betting is like stocks, it only doesn't take you that long to win / lose your money.
- find the next (dembow) artist? if you're connected in the industry here you might get away with it.
- open up a restaurant? try selling what hasn't been done too often here.
- become a taxi driver? all you do is sit down, if not in a chair outside or at home waiting for a client or sitting in your car driving.