Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
New Battery with 2 year warranty and free maintenance - $4200 pesos
Nail in tire removed, tire repaired - Free
4 tires Rotated - Free
Shopping during servicing - Free
In and out in 40 minutes - PRICELESS!

PriceSmart is far from perfect, but they do get a lot of things right...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
We buy tires from them. Every 6 months when we shop they do a free rotation and balancing.

Excellent service, prices and quality tires.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Free being relative, of course. You do pay an an annual fee. I agree that if you shop at Pricemart often enough, you barely notice the annual fee. I live right next to a Pricemart store, and when it first opened I got my membership, and renew it the next year. Then I found out I shopped maybe 3 or 4 times there in two years, so I didn't renew the membership. I think the hassle of carrying the goods without a bag was what ended it for me. I could never remember to take my own bag.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I'll remember all your positive recommendations when we need tires.
What brand was the car battery?
I saw a "NAPA", 6 volt deep cycle invertor battery in Today's "Diario Libre" for a great price.
I can't find the "paper" right now, but I'll look.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Castillo", do what I do, go with a friend who has a membership.
When I worked, we all got free membership, but that was THEN, and this is NOW!!!!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Yes, CCCCCC, maybe I should do that. Specially if they help me carry la compra later. ;-)
I did buy a battery there about 2 years ago. No problems so far.

I think that particular Pricemart is about to make people pay for the right to use their parking lot, when the new US embassy finally opens. Maybe get a couple of frituras kiosks too.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I also purchase tires at PriceSmart when possible. They do not carry the correct size tires for a KIA Picanto, but then nobody does that I have found from Santiago to the North Coast, but my recent purchase of tires for my Hyundai Santa Fe have been at PriceSmart. Of course paying a membership is painful, but there are a few things they carry, besides tires, that just cannot be obtained in the DR easily that are available there. (Most recent find was the local aged filet mignon - for the DR it was as good as it gets- not at all like most DR beef which should be used to make tires.)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Buy a "Pressure Cooker"!!!!!!!!!
Even "Tire Beef" is tender, and Tasty after an hour in "La Olla De Presion"!!!!!!!;););)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I also purchase tires at PriceSmart when possible. They do not carry the correct size tires for a KIA Picanto, but then nobody does that I have found from Santiago to the North Coast, but my recent purchase of tires for my Hyundai Santa Fe have been at PriceSmart. Of course paying a membership is painful, but there are a few things they carry, besides tires, that just cannot be obtained in the DR easily that are available there. (Most recent find was the local aged filet mignon - for the DR it was as good as it gets- not at all like most DR beef which should be used to make tires.)

Just a sidenote, correct size tires for Picanto's are almost impossible to find. You have to size up a bit and you'll also see an improvement in stability.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
I never trusted la luz enough to purchase a crock pot. Figured many DR homes have pressure cookers for their Garginas.(sp).
Pricesmart is just like Sam's, Costco and others in the US. Got to have mouths to feed or a colmado to make it worth while. We joined to get "real Red Trojans" and my brother in law had a colmado. I like it for many things and always eat there.
Check with Puko on Duarte for odd tires. We've had good luck there with repairs etc. Clean and professional.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
I bought a 48 month bat. there, 2 years ago. Had to replace it last week. Guess it sat on the shelf too long.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I'll remember all your positive recommendations when we need tires.
What brand was the car battery?
I saw a "NAPA", 6 volt deep cycle invertor battery in Today's "Diario Libre" for a great price.
I can't find the "paper" right now, but I'll look.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Castillo", do what I do, go with a friend who has a membership.
When I worked, we all got free membership, but that was THEN, and this is NOW!!!!

Battery was an EverReady.

Last one I bought was an Interstate - from a place on the North Coast...4000 pesos (same price adjusted for inflation) lasted about 3 years.

I have bought two sets of tires at PriceSmart...both Kumho...prices were similar to TireRack.com (adding in Delivery and Installation). I've had great luck with them...As for service, about the best I've received in the DR - even fixed a tire for free a while back even though I didn't have the receipt. Granted, most gomeros only charge 50 or 100 pesos to do it, but it was a nice gesture.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You might check "De Le?n Gomas" on Bartolom? Col?n just before reaching the old Bellon site and Pola...They probably have one of the largest selections around. Another alternative is MAU (Manuel Arsenio Ure?a) also on Bartolom? Col?n between Hach? and the Police Station (the old airport) at the corner of Padre de las Casas.

HB

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Battery was an EverReady.

Last one I bought was an Interstate - from a place on the North Coast...4000 pesos (same price adjusted for inflation) lasted about 3 years.

I have bought two sets of tires at PriceSmart...both Kumho...prices were similar to TireRack.com (adding in Delivery and Installation). I've had great luck with them...As for service, about the best I've received in the DR - even fixed a tire for free a while back even though I didn't have the receipt. Granted, most gomeros only charge 50 or 100 pesos to do it, but it was a nice gesture.

How do you find the Kumho tires last? I have had only fair experiences with Chinese tires to date.

(Gotta love the name - Kum-ho..)