Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PriceSmart Tire and Battery Center

New Battery with 2 year warranty and free maintenance - $4200 pesos
    Nail in tire removed, tire repaired - Free
    4 tires Rotated - Free
    Shopping during servicing - Free
    In and out in 40 minutes - PRICELESS!

PriceSmart is far from perfect, but they do get a lot of things right...

2. Likes cobraboy, Deyvi, Harleysrock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

We buy tires from them. Every 6 months when we shop they do a free rotation and balancing.

Excellent service, prices and quality tires.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

4. Likes Deyvi liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Free being relative, of course. You do pay an an annual fee. I agree that if you shop at Pricemart often enough, you barely notice the annual fee. I live right next to a Pricemart store, and when it first opened I got my membership, and renew it the next year. Then I found out I shopped maybe 3 or 4 times there in two years, so I didn't renew the membership. I think the hassle of carrying the goods without a bag was what ended it for me. I could never remember to take my own bag.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll remember all your positive recommendations when we need tires.
    What brand was the car battery?
    I saw a "NAPA", 6 volt deep cycle invertor battery in Today's "Diario Libre" for a great price.
    I can't find the "paper" right now, but I'll look.
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    "Castillo", do what I do, go with a friend who has a membership.
    When I worked, we all got free membership, but that was THEN, and this is NOW!!!!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, CCCCCC, maybe I should do that. Specially if they help me carry la compra later. ;-)
    I did buy a battery there about 2 years ago. No problems so far.

I think that particular Pricemart is about to make people pay for the right to use their parking lot, when the new US embassy finally opens. Maybe get a couple of frituras kiosks too.

8. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I also purchase tires at PriceSmart when possible. They do not carry the correct size tires for a KIA Picanto, but then nobody does that I have found from Santiago to the North Coast, but my recent purchase of tires for my Hyundai Santa Fe have been at PriceSmart. Of course paying a membership is painful, but there are a few things they carry, besides tires, that just cannot be obtained in the DR easily that are available there. (Most recent find was the local aged filet mignon - for the DR it was as good as it gets- not at all like most DR beef which should be used to make tires.)

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Buy a "Pressure Cooker"!!!!!!!!!
    Even "Tire Beef" is tender, and Tasty after an hour in "La Olla De Presion"!!!!!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I also purchase tires at PriceSmart when possible. They do not carry the correct size tires for a KIA Picanto, but then nobody does that I have found from Santiago to the North Coast, but my recent purchase of tires for my Hyundai Santa Fe have been at PriceSmart. Of course paying a membership is painful, but there are a few things they carry, besides tires, that just cannot be obtained in the DR easily that are available there. (Most recent find was the local aged filet mignon - for the DR it was as good as it gets- not at all like most DR beef which should be used to make tires.)
    Just a sidenote, correct size tires for Picanto's are almost impossible to find. You have to size up a bit and you'll also see an improvement in stability.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

is there one on the north coast?

*** I love DR1 ***
    Post Thanks / Like

I never trusted la luz enough to purchase a crock pot. Figured many DR homes have pressure cookers for their Garginas.(sp).
    Pricesmart is just like Sam's, Costco and others in the US. Got to have mouths to feed or a colmado to make it worth while. We joined to get "real Red Trojans" and my brother in law had a colmado. I like it for many things and always eat there.
    Check with Puko on Duarte for odd tires. We've had good luck there with repairs etc. Clean and professional.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast