Enough Already Of The Greed!! Landlord Help!

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
I'm going to turn into Popeye and kick Bluto's Arsie soon! Riddle me this...If a landlord rents out 3 apartments and the cesspool or whatever they call them here needs to be cleaned or unclogged due to toilet paper use, how do they know who should pay? and why would toilet paper be an issue?? Seems that my apartment was the only place using toilet paper..HA! Now, I do know some Dominican's use the trash can...I find that to be gross! I use my bathroom garbage for the usual things..

And, I know about plumbing very well!! Its impossible to know what came from where in a 2 family home with at least 6 baths..Never mind even from a one family home, you can't tell what came from where! However, I am now told that they are keeping more of my money 4,000 pesos!!! cost them 8,000 to fix whatever the issue was..But, if the cesspool was clogged, there would be water all over the damn place and usually will back flow to all toilets depending how high..Funny, how I am the only one being charged for this!! And I bet its BS anyways, probably just needed to be cleaned or emptied as usual! Bottom line is, if it's true, then why not tell us before we moved in!!??

How can I fight this?? I don't want to go to jail, but I don't care right now, sick of being screwed here!! They can use the rest of my deposits for their hospital bills!!!!

Thanks

Anthony

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I love it...Riddle me this batman...at an old saloon on a street of mud, sitting at a table dealing stud, sat that awful landlord that ripped me off and thought it was funny. So I made a vow to the moon and stars, to search puerto plata's honky tonks and bars, and kill that bastard landlord who kept my deposit money.

Frank

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Anthony, for the love of god, **** just finds you! You have more bad luck than anyone I ever have know.
Maybe its time.to move into a gringo gated complex. The locals see you as a blank check.
Good luck, hope all works out.

drescape24

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
All of this is the reason why most people live out their deposit - most landlords don't deposit it as they should, and it's long gone by the time you leave. They'll use every trick in the book not to pay it back

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
You better make sure that your lady friend is not flushing down her tampax or feminine napkins.....
They are killers in a septic tank.
And for the love of God, don't be flushing down the contents of a dirty ashtray...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
holly crap, batman. DON'T FLUSH THE PAPER! who cares you think it's gross? the pipes are crazy small and flushing toilet paper is a no no. it's not that s**t finds you, go go looking for it, man.

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
I live in my own house with 5 bathrooms. I have always problem with the bathrooms of my kids because they use too much paper when cleaning. As someone said before the pipes areNOT constructed for that they are too small. I learned them to clean with water ( installed shower) thats solve the problem. Or buy the most expansive toilet paper

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Lol i understand , who wants to sit next to their poop :) i do flush it too never had any problems. I know you shoudnt do it at peoples houses i do but i dont want my own bathroom smelling like ass

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
After I take a $HIT, I NEVER "Wipe"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I jump right into the shower and clean my "Colon" with lots of warm soapy water!!!!!!!!
I, just like "Captain Kirk",.....Hate "Clingons"!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
This is why I love DR1. It is chock-full of useful information to help one deal with the issues of daily life in the DR. Flush on!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Anthony, my man, at some point you have to realize that it's impossible that the whole world is out to get you. There are a couple of things that are common knowledge in DR. You have been living here long enough to know what to do and what not to do. You know flushing toilet paper is a no no. If you just moved in and suddenly the "trampa de grasa" is clogged, you know it's no coincidence, right?