Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Enough Already Of The Greed!! Landlord Help!

I'm going to turn into Popeye and kick Bluto's Arsie soon! Riddle me this...If a landlord rents out 3 apartments and the cesspool or whatever they call them here needs to be cleaned or unclogged due to toilet paper use, how do they know who should pay? and why would toilet paper be an issue?? Seems that my apartment was the only place using toilet paper..HA! Now, I do know some Dominican's use the trash can...I find that to be gross! I use my bathroom garbage for the usual things..

And, I know about plumbing very well!! Its impossible to know what came from where in a 2 family home with at least 6 baths..Never mind even from a one family home, you can't tell what came from where! However, I am now told that they are keeping more of my money 4,000 pesos!!! cost them 8,000 to fix whatever the issue was..But, if the cesspool was clogged, there would be water all over the damn place and usually will back flow to all toilets depending how high..Funny, how I am the only one being charged for this!! And I bet its BS anyways, probably just needed to be cleaned or emptied as usual! Bottom line is, if it's true, then why not tell us before we moved in!!??

How can I fight this?? I don't want to go to jail, but I don't care right now, sick of being screwed here!! They can use the rest of my deposits for their hospital bills!!!!

Thanks

Anthony

2. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to the fiscal (Justice of peace) and put in a complaint

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob. do you have the info where they are??? Antonia may know, but she was not sure what to do as well..

Thanks!

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    Go to the fiscal (Justice of peace) and put in a complaint

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Its okay, I have a phone book I just found....

Thanks a bunch Bob!!

Anthony

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Ask on the street- most Dominicans know - and never admit to flushing toilet paper

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I love it...Riddle me this batman...at an old saloon on a street of mud, sitting at a table dealing stud, sat that awful landlord that ripped me off and thought it was funny. So I made a vow to the moon and stars, to search puerto plata's honky tonks and bars, and kill that bastard landlord who kept my deposit money.

Frank

8. Likes skynet, delite liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The Man in Black

10. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    The Man in Black
    Good job, Rob!

12. Likes ctrob liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Anthony, for the love of god, **** just finds you! You have more bad luck than anyone I ever have know.
    Maybe its time.to move into a gringo gated complex. The locals see you as a blank check.
    Good luck, hope all works out.

drescape24

14. Likes frank12, Rep Dom, jinty05 liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

All of this is the reason why most people live out their deposit - most landlords don't deposit it as they should, and it's long gone by the time you leave. They'll use every trick in the book not to pay it back

Administrator
    DR1.com

16. Likes Rep Dom, Mauricio, bronzeallspice liked this post
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast