My Cedula is in the system - well, partially...

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Well, once more I forgot I am in the DR where stupidity and negligence etc. is rampant... :mad:

I have my cedula since April this year.

I am trying to pay taxes in BR for my drivers licence but I can't b/c my cedula is not in the system I am told...

I am trying to get my "Papel de buena conducta" at the police but I can't b/c my cedula is not in the system...

Trying both with my Passport = No problem, can get it all and IS in the system. Hooray!

Trying in La Romana to get my "Carnet" I can't b/c guess what my cedula is not in the system and the papers I got with my Passport therefore don't count for them. WTF.

Calling a number somewhat up the ranks in the "Extranjeria" my lawyer gave me, asking why I am in the system there but nowhere else I am told some institutions might have not updated their databases...

And what? Is it my fault that these idiots don't get their act together?

I was told a "Certificado de cedula" from the JCE might help. So I am getting this via my lawyer on Monday and same day I need to verify with La Romana if they would accept that. Dunno for what I applied for a cedula when I still need a certificate for every BS b/c of these sin cerebros...

Rant over...

Maybe somebody know or has experience with a similar situation? Hopefully someone has an answer or I have to try to cope on Monday with the dumbness of yet another institution to get an answer...

Thanks in advance!

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Sorry, I missed that in your post. I wish I had some good advice for you. I have the opposite problem actually. That website does not turn up my cedula, but the government offices are able to find it in their systems.