Knowledge, photos, floor plans, and recommendations please

IamZon

Sep 22, 2012
Hola All ...

I would love some current intelligence on luxury properties (especially on the north shore). Any trends and stats that would help paint a picture of real estate knowledge. I would LOVE to be directed to some web sites that have decent photography / floor plans ect...

Any general comments, debate, or even heated argument is welcomed LOL as long as it advances some facts that are grounded in reality.

THANKS ALL!

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
IamZombie,
Try looking at the major realtors web sites!

Olly and the Team

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
I dont thing they are they building with real good insulation and even better air leak tight, so you can have confort with low power air conditioners...

I know a developer who designed his house totally different, insulation wise, to the rest of the houses.

They make too many 'mistakes' to save construction cost, starting by low roofs, imho, no roof should be less than 10 feet high

the top of the concrete roof should be covered with some clay like they used to do

or at least the four inch concrete roof should be allowed to ventilate, by no making them as solid, but inserting 'breathing pipes' from side to side

concrete walls facing inside should be covered with an addtional insulating gympsun board wall

dont you feel the heat today?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Jack of a lot of trades over my Years so far...Curious why you have not looked at any sites as some suggested..I have a few off the top of my head

Zillow: Real Estate, Apartments, Mortgage & Home Values in the US
Find Real Estate, Homes for Sale & Houses for Rent - realtor.com?
Trulia - Real Estate, Homes for Sale, Apartments for Rent, Local data
Real Estate, Homes for Sale, MLS Listings, Agents | Redfin

there are a few others, Zillow is the largest along with Realtor.com..If you need a value on a property, just pop in the address on Zillow, trulia, etc, will provide you with an Est Value along with Tax assessments which is really the true value...All that said, what is it that your looking to do??

Anthony

Hola All ...

I would love some current intelligence on luxury properties (especially on the north shore). Any trends and stats that would help paint a picture of real estate knowledge. I would LOVE to be directed to some web sites that have decent photography / floor plans ect...

Any general comments, debate, or even heated argument is welcomed LOL as long as it advances some facts that are grounded in reality.

THANKS ALL!

Adam1

Sep 30, 2013
You just want to take idea from websites and create your own design ? Or you are also looking for some company to take care of your property ? You are making new home or you just like to read articles and interested in looking some latest stuff ?

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
Try supercasas.com or olimare.com
They don't have all the information you are looking for but they do have property descriptions and pictures.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
concrete walls facing inside should be covered with an addtional insulating gympsun board wall

dont you feel the heat today?

I think the op's looking for investment info.

However...while a matter of preference, you'll get more value if you were to put the insulation (not gypsum) on the exterior. The mass of the concrete on the interior will retain the cool (btu's that you paid for), and it won't be exposed to the direct sunlight. Picture a giant ice cube with lots of insulation around it.

Last edited: