My gorgeous,pampered poodle is looking for a new family!!

messineymar2014

Sep 28, 2013
Folks,

I am looking for a physically active couple to adopt my baby. She is accustomed to several ousting's everyday. She is also accustomed to frequent trips to the vet, and groomer.
All of her shots are up to date. She has also been fixed.

Princess has had a wonderful life with our family. Unfortunately, she is aggressive with our toddler.
Thus, to keep the peace in my household, I have grudgingly agreed to put her up for adoption.
184075_10150140084025616_1697087_n.jpg

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
I'm not convinced that you are thinking clearly about this. There are numerous reasons keeping the dog and giving the toddler away make sense. Let me give you a few:

1. Dogs don't go to college. Have you seen the costs of college?

2. The dog is I'm sure housebroken. The toddler is no where close to being housebroken.

3. The dog was there first.

4. The dog is fixed as you say. You cannot legally fix the toddler.

5. Toddlers cry a lot. The dog would prefer to take a nap.

6. The dog is small and will get no bigger. It eats a small amount of food. You have no idea how much the toddler will eat as it grows bigger.

7. The dog can communicate as well as the toddler but the dog doesn't complain and never will.

8. I haven't seen a picture of the toddler but I'm sure the dog is better looking. That's a beautiful little girl.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
did you try training? kids are not so easy but the dog should learn fast...

there is a dog trainer on this forum, maybe he can help?

messineymar2014

Sep 28, 2013
did you try training? kids are not so easy but the dog should learn fast...

there is a dog trainer on this forum, maybe he can help?

Princess, reacted with some aggression just to stop the kid from pulling on her tail. The dogs aggressive episode is just part of the story.

My dear wife has this pre-conceived notion, that the dog will infect
our newborn with some type of virus.
This is pure non-sense, which , has been re-enforced by the babies Pediatrician.

She is a wonderful. playful little gal!!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Princess, reacted with some aggression just to stop the kid from pulling on her tail. The dogs aggressive episode is just part of the story.

This is pure non-sense, which , has been re-enforced by the babies Pediatrician.

Sounds like the training needs to consist of:

1) Training your kid that she NOT pull any animals' tail.

2) Training the wife that the dog will NOT give the child a virus.

Why penalize a wonderful animal because of uneducated or experienced humans? The humans are easier trained.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Come on guys......
You know how it goes.
Happy wife...
Happy life.
But that little poodle sure is a cutie.
There will be a taker for sure....

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I am a big dog lover. But some homes are just not ment to have animals. It doesn't mean the people are bad animal owners, the the circumstances dictate its better to give the pup away. Lets be honest sounds like the wife has her mind made up, so why fight a battle you won't win. Do the dog.right and find it a home where every member wants the dog. The dog will be happer on the end and the o.p. will have peace.

drescape24

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

well, have you pondered the third option, which is to give away your wife?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Your wife is most surely a "Dominicana".
All Dominicans see dogs and cats as "Cespools Of Infection".
My wife hates dogs, and cats.
Soooooooooooooooooooooo, I now have 6 dogs, a new one arrived this AM, Thanks "Celt2".
And two cats.
I say, "Happy Pets = Happy Life"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and go "SCREW" my wife!!!
Studies have shown that children who are raised in homes with dogs, actually have fewer viral infections than children who don't.
It is thought that having dogs is like being vaccinated little by little by the virus the dogs do bring into the home.
As I said, "Celt2" brought us a little "Street Dog" today.
Cuter than my wife!!!!!
His name is "LUCKY" now.
My kids are very, very happy, my wife hasn't come home yet today!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
who is the dog trainer?

belgiank is the trainer.

small dogs tend to be less patient when it comes to small kids. as a child i had a viralata and got bitten few times: for pulling her tail, attempting to dress her up in doll clothing and so on. a part of life. kids are dumb, they learn from own experience. sometimes no amount of "do not do it" will do. dog, on the other hand, can be trained more easily. i think you may love your dog a lot. maybe give it a fair chance and try to train it? i am sure she is annoyed with the kid because it is a pain in the tail but also because she knows it is low in hierarchy.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
dv8, I had a viralata from puerto rico. there they call them sato. This creature lived with me for 16 years. He "retired to a farm in upstate NY" a few years ago.

OP, I fell your pain. I find it a bit worrisome the pediatrician endorsed canine to human transmission as a serious risk. Did you hear it or is your wife just piling on? There are many more worms and fleas down there as so many people can not pay for vetrinarian services. Maybe they are right.

Congrats on your new baby. I respect animals and appreciate what they give us. Humans always come first. Yes, I am a specieist!

belgiank is the trainer.

small dogs tend to be less patient when it comes to small kids. as a child i had a viralata and got bitten few times: for pulling her tail, attempting to dress her up in doll clothing and so on. a part of life. kids are dumb, they learn from own experience. sometimes no amount of "do not do it" will do. dog, on the other hand, can be trained more easily. i think you may love your dog a lot. maybe give it a fair chance and try to train it? i am sure she is annoyed with the kid because it is a pain in the tail but also because she knows it is low in hierarchy.

messineymar2014

Sep 28, 2013
dv8, I had a viralata from puerto rico. there they call them sato. This creature lived with me for 16 years. He "retired to a farm in upstate NY" a few years ago.

OP, I fell your pain. I find it a bit worrisome the pediatrician endorsed canine to human transmission as a serious risk. Did you hear it or is your wife just piling on? There are many more worms and fleas down there as so many people can not pay for vetrinarian services. Maybe they are right.

Congrats on your new baby. I respect animals and appreciate what they give us. Humans always come first. Yes, I am a specieist!

I was told by the pediatrician that by keeping my newborn around Princess...... I was directly placing the babies health in jeopardy .

This is pure non-sense..however....trying to convince the wife...is a waste of time......

Furthermore, the pediatrician told me that the dogs mouth is full of parasites ......Incredible!!!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I was told by the pediatrician that by keeping my newborn around Princess...... I was directly placing the babies health in jeopardy .

This is pure non-sense..however....trying to convince the wife...is a waste of time......

Furthermore, the pediatrician told me that the dogs mouth is full of parasites ......Incredible!!!!

Solution.... GET A NEW pediatrician!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
If dogs were such a problem around kids, no one would have any. That's one heck of a pediatrician you've got yourself there! I'm sure you'll be able to find a loving home for that cutie. Try with the local vet, they often permit people to put up posters or might also know someone who's looking for a poodle. Perfect indoor dog if you ask me.

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
Dogs need to be a little aggressive with toddlers so the children will learn. When I had my first child, my dog let her get away with anything until the baby was almost 2 years old. Then, when the kid put her hand in the dog's food, she got a tiny nip. She learned really quickly that there are certain things you don't do.