Promoting Sosua & Cabarete In Columbia

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

The President of the Association of Hotels and Restaurants of Sos?a and Cabarete (ASHORESOCA) announced that he will go to Colombia to promote tourism to benefit Sos?a and Cabarete. Tom?s Callender Marte came to an agreement with the South American airline COPA to include Puerto Plata in their flying scheme. The company also has connections with several other South American countries so more tourists from these countries are expected. The economy of South America is indeed growing and therefore an increase in the interest for foreign holidays is expected.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
From today's Sosua News:

The President of the Association of Hotels and Restaurants of Sos?a and Cabarete (ASHORESOCA) announced that he will go to Colombia to promote tourism to benefit Sos?a and Cabarete. Tom?s Callender Marte came to an agreement with the South American airline COPA to include Puerto Plata in their flying scheme. The company also has connections with several other South American countries so more tourists from these countries are expected. The economy of South America is indeed growing and therefore an increase in the interest for foreign holidays is expected.

who is paying for that? sounds like a nice freebie trip....

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Ken, the group to Bogota left on Sept. 25. They are already back. There is no firm agreement with Copa. The article makes it sun like Tomas (mgr at KiteBeach Hotel) was going over alone to blaze a new trail for tourism. Not. POP has been chasing Copa for at least 8 years, and they still haven't landed a deal.
As usual, Sosua News, while well intentioned, is a day late and a peso short.

westcan

Sep 10, 2008
Ken, the group to Bogota left on Sept. 25. They are already back. There is no firm agreement with Copa. The article makes it sun like Tomas (mgr at KiteBeach Hotel) was going over alone to blaze a new trail for tourism. Not. POP has been chasing Copa for at least 8 years, and they still haven't landed a deal.
As usual, Sosua News, while well intentioned, is a day late and a peso short.

shame that, Copa flying in to Puerto Plata would suit me fine

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Waste of time.

Colombians want beaches, the reason Punta Cana is well promoted here and a popular destination for Colombians.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
When Amereicans aer asked where they wish to go for vacations gthey say beaches and/or mountains, but the biggest USA vacation destination is DisneyWorld which has neither.
Der Fish

Vegas gets a few people as well

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Derfish, Everybody goes to Disney world because they have to. Their children have been fed a steady diet of toys, snacks, lunchboxes, costumes and clothing all to get their parents to take them to movies and the park. This is advanced psychology in action. They have even convinced young couples to go there before they have kids. And the cruise ship...oy vey. don't even get me started on dante's lowest level of hell. I don't have kids and I've treated nieces and nephews to many trips to DW. And I hated everyone of them. And soon I will be taking grand-nephew, nephew and his wife. A few grand down the hole, but worth it to see the little red-head face light up.

When Amereicans aer asked where they wish to go for vacations gthey say beaches and/or mountains, but the biggest USA vacation destination is DisneyWorld which has neither.
Der Fish

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
promoting sosua to columbians ? now that's funny. as a visitor to baranquilla and cartegena, the DR and Columbia is like night and day.

AND, it's cheaper......

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
if its like night and day - probably a good idea to promote it - people go on holiday in places that are not like home