dogs while vacation

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Hi, I have a dog but sometimes I must go out of the DR to visit my mother who is in Belgium.
What solutions do I have for him to be kept safe and fine in DR
What would you advice?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Where in the DR are you??? I'm in Puerto Plata, can care for a pet while you're away...But I have a 6 Month old puppy (Female) no worries there, she is great...And I use to be a Vet Tech for 5 Years..Other folks here on DR1, some may advise to border your dog..However, I advise against it because of kennel cough, parvo, etc...But some members may have some good places to recommend from their experiences..See what other replies have to say..;)

Anthony

Hi, I have a dog but sometimes I must go out of the DR to visit my mother who is in Belgium.
What solutions do I have for him to be kept safe and fine in DR
What would you advice?

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
I'm in Sosua. I used to leave my dog for a few days at Judy's... Its fine for a few days but not really possible for a month...

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
what do you mean by shop your dog off?? :)

And what should a fair price be for dogsitting?
;)

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Now you can use Anthony's! LOL...Serious unless I'm too far from you, think 45 minutes..I'm cheap, just supply the food and instructions...

PM me if you like or if you find yourself stuck

Anthony

I'm in Sosua. I used to leave my dog for a few days at Judy's... Its fine for a few days but not really possible for a month...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
when we left on our last holiday we left animals in care of this idiot who would not bother to remove food from the broken fridge. he did a good job with pets, thou. maybe too good as all of them are way fatter.

epileptic cat was in care of doctor bob in sosua who was really great. kept in touch with us over email to update on her state and took my advice on board when she was feeling down by putting some cats next to her. he charged us 300 pesos per day. not cheap but then pichi requires medication and is not easy.