Dog trainer

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Hi, I have a little nice dog, kinda Lhassa Hapso
But he does not want to be alone. He then gets crazy and barks all the f.... time7

Anyone knows a good dog trainer around Sosua?
:)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my in laws have one of them goggies. ugliest beast i have ever seen. but yes, they do not like being alone because they do not like being bored. do you have a garden he can roam in? does he have something to keep him occupied when home alone? toys? maybe try leaving tv or radio on, some dogs enjoy reassurance of hearing human voices. and i kid you not, there are dvd for dogs and a tv channel too.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
my in laws have one of them goggies. ugliest beast i have ever seen. but yes, they do not like being alone because they do not like being bored. do you have a garden he can roam in? does he have something to keep him occupied when home alone? toys? maybe try leaving tv or radio on, some dogs enjoy reassurance of hearing human voices. and i kid you not, there are dvd for dogs and a tv channel too.

That works D.... music, etc

As for diversional TV/DVD - there actually is a channel in Canada called the fireplace channel -----
for those without a fireplace...

Perfect flames - 24/7/365

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
How about getting him a playmate? Not a puppy but an adult that's used to being left alone and might be a positive influence on him...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
usually vices are passed on easier than virtues. just saying :)
in the meantime i suggest snipping his nuts. it may have calming effect.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That really sux. I took care of this one dog that would do that and it was really annoying! The owner bought a special collar that sprayed some kind of liquid in it's face when it barked. This worked for him!

Just water spray works - FAST!!

water bottle w/ sprayer... stops dogs in their tracks --- cats too

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
When I took our boxer to obedience classes, they taught us to fill an empty soda can with pebbles or pennies, and seal it shut. When the dog does something you want him to stop, you toss the can near the dog [not AT the dog], while saying "NO!"