And another attempt to rob!

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I'm so tired of posting about this stuff but feel that I should.

2:30 AM last night. Shotgun fired by a guard near us. I get up look and listen. I hear nothing. No talking, NO dogs, no cars. No nothing. I go back to bed and another shot fired. I do the same again.

The guards near us have changed and the one next to us is off duty so we get a lot of.... hear-say and the stories change considerably.

Back to 2:30AM. A car pulls up in front of our place at then dead end street and passes the obvious guard house with armed guard clearly in sight... if they looked. The guard hears a pistol being loaded/chambered ammo. He let's off a shotgun round, calls for backup and the guard from another place runs to see what is going on. Car is leaving and another shotgun round is fired into the air. I saw the fresh tire tracks in the AM.

NO ONE has a description of the car. No Lic. plate. No photos? How many people? Why didn't they use the whistles that I gave them?

I've again gone over our security again but IF they are coming with guns.... BRING THE FU...ERS ON> Please. I am begging to establish my OWN reputation.

I will try to set up a meeting with all around me to get a better system of ALARM.

My name is RINGO .... and I'm ****''d again.... and I'm armed!

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I have been living in Sosua since January. I have never heard a shot fired day or night. I am up near the colmado Profeta....so damn quiet at night. I guess some areas are more prone than others?

Like Harleysrock says...too bad this keeps happening.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Thanks HarleyR. This is the first time that others had "said" that guns were/could be involved. That has UPPED the situation. Too many questions about this whole "reported" situation that is disturbing. I hope to get everyone up graded about security soon. .............. again?

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
I'm so tired of posting about this stuff but feel that I should.

2:30 AM last night. Shotgun fired by a guard near us. I get up look and listen. I hear nothing. No talking, NO dogs, no cars. No nothing. I go back to bed and another shot fired. I do the same again.

The guards near us have changed and the one next to us is off duty so we get a lot of.... hear-say and the stories change considerably.

Back to 2:30AM. A car pulls up in front of our place at then dead end street and passes the obvious guard house with armed guard clearly in sight... if they looked. The guard hears a pistol being loaded/chambered ammo. He let's off a shotgun round, calls for backup and the guard from another place runs to see what is going on. Car is leaving and another shotgun round is fired into the air. I saw the fresh tire tracks in the AM.

NO ONE has a description of the car. No Lic. plate. No photos? How many people? Why didn't they use the whistles that I gave them?

I've again gone over our security again but IF they are coming with guns.... BRING THE FU...ERS ON> Please. I am begging to establish my OWN reputation.

I will try to set up a meeting with all around me to get a better system of ALARM.

My name is RINGO .... and I'm ****''d again.... and I'm armed!

I think the guards did the correct thing and not use the whistles your provided. You did say that they heard a pistol chambering a round. Why would one chamber their weapon next to a guard hut? They were looking for trouble definitely.

The license plate scenario probably would have resulted in a stolen vehicle anyways. Most criminals would utilize a stolen plate or car.

This event definitely wasn't a whistle blowing contest, but the sound of twelve gauges discharging. Sorry for your constant intrusions.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
start setting none harmful traps and get a infer red camera and see if you can get some extra help from none scared neighbors

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hey Ringo,

Can you add a webcam?? maybe a few, just to a simple computer so it would save money on a CCTV system..Do the guards have some kind of a station house for such a setup?? Maybe put up some neighbor watch signs or this area has CCTV Video etc, even fake cameras help...Any kind of a deterrent really

Anthony

Thanks HarleyR. This is the first time that others had "said" that guns were/could be involved. That has UPPED the situation. Too many questions about this whole "reported" situation that is disturbing. I hope to get everyone up graded about security soon. .............. again?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Believe me. I know just about every possibility and who should do what and when. Some did what they should have but didn't do what they could have and THAT would have been a major difference.

Thanks for caring and your comments.

Edit: When they come with guns... whole new situation and it aint' to just rob.

msmfgf

Jul 12, 2013
wbecam is a bad idea - ladrones get the address & they see when you go out!!!!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ringo, i am sorry to hear about this crap yet again :( i feel for you. there is nothing worse than feeling unsafe where you are. and i agree with you that guns is bad news. this means they come for a kill.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
You should change your name to Rambo ;) But seriously, maybe a few good strong lights with motion detectors would help? Spot them right up as they drive up. Once it's known that you're place is well defended they'll hopefully give up... I would hope.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
I think if you had a gate that anyone entering that small section with a guard and maybe a dog atleast a night , and had him check id .... It may slow entry by vehicles , ..... However neighborly love , agreements would need to had , perhaps ayumiento too

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Do you mean it is the first time ladrones would get to your area with guns??? Of course, that is very bad and dangerous situation. But that can not be for sure. Maybe it happened before but you did not notice. As I said before, something must be done and IMO it must be organised by us gringos to get rid of those bastards. I dont really know how. But I think we should meet, discuss it and get a plan involving the mayor and the head of police.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
I have been living in Sosua since January. I have never heard a shot fired day or night. I am up near the colmado Profeta....so damn quiet at night. I guess some areas are more prone than others?

Like Harleysrock says...too bad this keeps happening.

Well, around Sosua, IMHO, poeple hear gun shots very often, mostly at night of course. Maybe you were just asleep and just did not wake up

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
You should change your name to Rambo ;) But seriously, maybe a few good strong lights with motion detectors would help? Spot them right up as they drive up. Once it's known that you're place is well defended they'll hopefully give up... I would hope.

Yes but Ringo already posted about uprading his security

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Well, around Sosua, IMHO, poeple hear gun shots very often, mostly at night of course. Maybe you were just asleep and just did not wake up

I am a night hawk and read out on my balcony till 5am most nights....dunno, maybe I am going deaf but I have been thinking about it lately from past posts and actually listen for one. I have heard shots downtown a few years back...people got shot during those events...but people were running everywhere. Never at home though.

oceanspear

Nov 23, 2012
just a stupid question....is it a comunity or an open street?.... if you guys have a guard ...why not put like a stop bar at the guardhouse?... if somebody is coming at my area with guns... I would set up a plan and blast them out period. Molotov cocktails and all...**** it IEDS and them spread the word that some crazy chechen russians moved in the comunity.... they know not to **** with the russian MOB