Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No Tariff In December

So, I've heard there is no import tax in December because of the holidays. I find this hard to believe since they would make most of their money in that month, but if someone would know the answer it'd be somebody on DR1.

So, is it true there are no import taxes in December?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

April Fools?

Are you pulling my leg, is it April 1st only, or all of April?

3. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amp View Post
    April Fools?

Are you pulling my leg, is it April 1st only, or all of April?
    You really need to ignore boracho posters at this hour, hopefully you will get an answer from someone sober.

5. Likes amp liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a tax exemption for gifts with a max. value of 1500 USD what Dominicans visiting for xmas can bring with them.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    I think this is a tax exemption for gifts with a max. value of 1500 USD what Dominicans visiting for xmas can bring with them.
    So purchasing something from Amazon and getting it shipped here will still be taxed? I thought no matter what you brought into the country as long as you had it in hand from the plane was tax free..

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes saw that once when you come in the country on the back of the paper you have to fill for the customs...

I doubt this is for general importing, such as buying stuff online or other things that you import that are worth more then 200$.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno with the plane and what you have in your hands when arriving. I heard that what I posted. I bought from Amazon in December and it was taxed as usual when it was more than 200 USD value...
    So purchasing something from Amazon and getting it shipped here will still be taxed? I thought no matter what you brought into the country as long as you had it in hand from the plane was tax free..

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    Dunno with the plane and what you have in your hands when arriving. I heard that what I posted. I bought from Amazon in December and it was taxed as usual when it was more than 200 USD value...
    I was sure it was too good to be true. Well, there goes my plan for ordering some items over $200...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

no, this is something else. they have it every year. it's for dominicanos-americanos who are visiting DR and bringing gifts home. it's usually from 15th of november to 6th of january (dia de los reyes). and last two years it was up to the value of 3.000 dollars. this is for dominicans who live abroad only and have not visited for at least 6 months.

this is last year's info:
    ADUANA DA INICIO HOY A LA GRACIA NAVIDEŅA…LOS DOMINICANOS EN EL EXTRANJEROS QUE TENGAN MAS DE 6 MESES FUERA PODRAN TRAEL HASTA $3,000 DOLARES EN REGALOS.

12. Likes yacht chef liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    no, this is something else. they have it every year. it's for dominicanos-americanos who are visiting DR and bringing gifts home. it's usually from 15th of november to 6th of january (dia de los reyes). and last two years it was up to the value of 3.000 dollars. this is for dominicans who live abroad only and have not visited for at least 6 months.

this is last year's info:
    ADUANA DA INICIO HOY A LA GRACIA NAVIDEŅA…LOS DOMINICANOS EN EL EXTRANJEROS QUE TENGAN MAS DE 6 MESES FUERA PODRAN TRAEL HASTA $3,000 DOLARES EN REGALOS.
    Thank you for that link, it will come in handy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast