Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Gasoline_zps91ba9d90.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y516/Husabergfrank/Gasoline_zps91ba9d90.jpg

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Frank12 ,
Cant see the end of the graph - what was the price in DR ?

Olly and Team

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
Very informative.. should be factored in to any country cost of living comparisons which unfortunately makes RD look more expensive. Feel sorry for you guys with the gas guzzling tanks. I can never figure out how the locals with these types of vehicles manage to pay for driving with their salaries. I will stick to the reasonably priced taxis for now.

Last edited:

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Yes thats a very good question: how can the locals afford it

BTW, there is a fine solution : drive on propane, cheaper and less pollution

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yes thats a very good question: how can the locals afford it

BTW, there is a fine solution : drive on propane, cheaper and less pollution

but, as cobraboy reminds, it is a dry combustible, and kills the valve seals and the cylinder walls. what you make up on the merry go round, you lose on the swing.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
It's funny the gas price in Venezuela. It's practically free. The price is fixed and the last time it was adjusted was in the 90s, causing huge riots and revolts. So, gas is so cheap people use gasoline for everything: cleaning tools, degreasing walls, polishing metals, etc. Water is more expensive than gasoline. It's crazy.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Isn't income relative?

What would the percentage be in, say, Haiti? Or Thailand, which also has pricey gas?

I do agree that although substantial improvements have been made, DR remains one of the poorer countries (in terms of per capita income in this hemisphere.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Isn't income relative?

What would the percentage be in, say, Haiti? Or Thailand, which also has pricey gas?

I do agree that although substantial improvements have been made, DR remains one of the poorer countries (in terms of per capita income in this hemisphere.

Something tells me there are not as many V8 jeepetas in Haiti or Thailand...

VIMAN68

Feb 15, 2013
I just came back from Ecuador at the end of August...price of gas there was $1.48 USD for regular gas and $2.00 USD for premium...I was like wow, but then again they are an oil producing nation. I agree though that things are relative to the overall cost of living and per capita income.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am wondering if the translator made a mistake about Costa Rica being more expensive rather than "as Expensive" ...

Just thinking.

HB