Need help understanding a Shipping Address - Confused

LovesDominicanWomen

Oct 1, 2013
Ok so I have a friend in the Dominican in Higuey and she gave me her address...while I do not speak spanish she does and english not so well so we depend on translation to make our conversations make sense. So she gave me her address. I want to send her something via Amazon but i cannot make any sense out of this. Could someone translate this into english so it does make sense please?

This is what she sent me in spanish (untranslated)

Direcci?n c/ uranias montas #27apartamentos coca cola los Rosales :secci?n higuey municipio :salva Le?n de higuey provincia:la Altagracia Rep?blica Dominicana

I need this into a format that I can understand and that would make sense as a shipping address in Amazon or any other website!

Thanks IN Advance for your Help!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I honestly doubt that anything sent via normal mail will make it to her, especially if it's a package. It'll probably get "lost" along the way unfortunately. Do a search for CPS, EPS or courrier on this site and you'll find plenty of info on how best to send packages down. Good luck!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
It would be something like:

Calle Uranias #27
Apartamentos Coca Cola Los Rosales
Higuey, La Altagracia
Republica Dominicana

WARNING: Do not send anything via regular mail, chances are it won't get there. Use any of the many forward couriers available. They give you a Florida address and they pick up the package in FL and bring it down to DR. It's effective, safe and inexpensive. I'm not familiar with the Higuey area so I don't know which couriers are available there, but I'm sure somebody will chime in.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
WT, that's my address!!! LOL, kidding....Castle has it! I usually go with Express Mail, look for thier site or even Fed X

Ok so I have a friend in the Dominican in Higuey and she gave me her address...while I do not speak spanish she does and english not so well so we depend on translation to make our conversations make sense. So she gave me her address. I want to send her something via Amazon but i cannot make any sense out of this. Could someone translate this into english so it does make sense please?

Direcci?n c/ uranias montas #27apartamentos coca cola los Rosales :secci?n higuey municipio :salva Le?n de higuey provincia:la Altagracia Rep?blica Dominicana

I need this into a format that I can understand and that would make sense as a shipping address in Amazon or any other website!

LovesDominicanWomen

Oct 1, 2013
Thanks all for your advice!! I will do that!! Appreciate the translation as well!!

Thanks all for the suggestions, the translation AND the help!!

Why would you need it in a format for you to understand? I remember going thru that phase in the late 80s about Honduras, but finally realized that the one who has to understand it is the delivery person and i'm sure it is transparent to them.
Der Fish

LovesDominicanWomen

Oct 1, 2013
So when you say Fed X? You mean FedEx right? LOL Or ExpressMail. So should I be ok with UPS or FedEx then? Or is that still not safe? It is just perfume...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Perfume !!!???

There's fellow called CCCCologne who will poach that shipment....now that he knows that address

Be careful

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
So when you say Fed X? You mean FedEx right? LOL Or ExpressMail. So should I be ok with UPS or FedEx then? Or is that still not safe? It is just perfume...

Fedex, UPS, DHL are all safe. But expensive. They could charge you up to $100 easily for a bottle of perfume...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Actually I want to know which Dominican in Higuey is your friend in.???so I have a friend in the Dominican in Higuey

The advice you have been given is good. Try to see if you can open an account with one of the couriers (CPS, EPS, Business Mail, VimencaPac, etc) and then ask here which one is in Higuey. That is the ONLY way you can be sure she will get what you send. Express Mail, might work also. The cost of FedEx, UPS or DHL is prohibitive.

"I have a friend in the Dominican in Higuey" Now that leads to some interesting images. :*

HB

LovesDominicanWomen

Oct 1, 2013
THanks Again All!

What? Shes is just a friend..met her on vacation at a resort she worked at a few years ago..;-)

Actually I want to know which Dominican in Higuey is your friend in.???so I have a friend in the Dominican in Higuey

The advice you have been given is good. Try to see if you can open an account with one of the couriers (CPS, EPS, Business Mail, VimencaPac, etc) and then ask here which one is in Higuey. That is the ONLY way you can be sure she will get what you send. Express Mail, might work also. The cost of FedEx, UPS or DHL is prohibitive.

"I have a friend in the Dominican in Higuey" Now that leads to some interesting images. :*

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The fact that you do not recognize the humor of your introductory sentence only emphasizes your need to take this information to heart.

When you say "the Dominican" you are talking about a person, otherwise you need a noun to follow the word Dominican.

So when you said "I have a friend in the Dominican in Higuey"...I naturally thought that you had a friend shagging a Dominican you both knew in Higuey. That was the humor...and the images in one's mind only CrisColon can describe!!

Besides that little bit, all the information regarding shipping is right on. Of course she knows about Western Union, and that is ingrained in her mind...but gifts from abroad are something else. Open a dialogue and see which services are available in Higuey..

HB

LovesDominicanWomen

Oct 1, 2013
OHhhh Well thanks LOL I am a little humorless today so my apologies...any other day I would have been spot on!! I appreciate all your help!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think maybe he meant that he has a dominican in his friend in higuey. we all make mistakes. live and let live.

:devious::devious::devious:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The fact that you do not recognize the humor of your introductory sentence only emphasizes your need to take this information to heart.

When you say "the Dominican" you are talking about a person, otherwise you need a noun to follow the word Dominican.

So when you said "I have a friend in the Dominican in Higuey"...I naturally thought that you had a friend shagging a Dominican you both knew in Higuey. That was the humor...and the images in one's mind only CrisColon can describe!!

Besides that little bit, all the information regarding shipping is right on. Of course she knows about Western Union, and that is ingrained in her mind...but gifts from abroad are something else. Open a dialogue and see which services are available in Higuey..

HB

Nooo, that was Lambada's pet peeve -- people who refer the DR or RD as 'The Domincan'

There was whole thread on it way back....

I read it as it was meant to be read by our Lover Friend.

However , you and CCCc now can share the same perversions.:bunny::D

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010

Why complicate things?
Just send her $100 via Western Union and she can buy what she wants.:classic:

jafo

Dec 16, 2006
What? Shes is just a friend..met her on vacation at a resort she worked at a few years ago..;-)

I'm sorry I just spit my coffee on the computer screen.

Please don't take this personal.
Please do some more reading on this forum .
If you have not spent a significant amount of time in the D.R.

Best of luck to you.