reporting electricity theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

B J

Feb 20, 2013
How do I report a foreigner who is connected illegally to the electricity lines, anonymously.
How do I also guarantee that the workers from the electricity company will not be bribed by the woman doing this.
Is there a web link with fax number I can send her details ie address too, so that she will 100% be caught and fined.she is located in the north coast
I have to pay $160 a month why should she get it for free

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I agree. Bribe some police to go to her door and extort money from her and a cut for you. Problem solved and everyone wins. Just my 2?. Hahaha

drescape24

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I agree. Bribe some police to go to her door and extort money from her and a cut for you. Problem solved and everyone wins. Just my 2?. Hahaha

drescape24

brilliant idea! may i borrow it? i promise to give full credits to the originator, or, at least, a percentage of the proceeds.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Pay someone to cut a big section of the wires, then enjoy the show.

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
There is a good way to adapt to your neighborhood. Im sure they will all keep your name anonymous and nobody will have any animosity towards you for calling the authorities. Matter of fact you should ask the police to check if her car is registered insured and investigate if she is paying her taxes too. Why stop at just electricity??? You will already have a target on your back might as well really **** those degenerates off that move to the DR or even better have been born and raised in the DR and don't pay for electricity. I thought your name was BJ, it is very misleading.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The concept of "anonymous" does not exist in the Dominican Republic.

However, the concept of "retribution" more than makes up fot that oversight...

21yearsinDR

May 29, 2013
You might not like what I am saying? BUT I do NOT like people, who put their nose into other peoples matters and reporting somebody anonymously is just disgusting..
Edenorte should take care of their business ( and they don?t..) . It is not your problem..
You do what you find right inside your property and it sounds terrible to get jealous, because you pay your electricity and you suspect that your neighbor is stealing. What do you get out of reporting your neighbor ? Nothing! And maybe you are wrong...
Half of the country is stealing the electricity - even rich people, who can afford to pay. I do not find this habit right and I pay my bills - I have to look at myself in the mirror every day and like what I see...
If you want to be such a perfect person, then go to her house and tell her in her face, that if she keeps stealing the electricity you will report her. Then at least you have balls?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
report her ass. i pay my bills. and probably half of that bill is for all those assholes who do not pay. each and every last one of them should be reported.

B J

Feb 20, 2013
agreed
i believe this argument by DV8 supersedes most of the above arguments other than safety points of view. We need to alll pay our share. im not reporting a Dominican but a
thieving dog. I hate thieves

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Take photos and file a report with the Edenorte local office, best if you bring a Dominican friend who can be a pain in the ass, to talk to them. A friend of mine went to the US for a month, and came back to find her monthly bill jumped from ~1K to ~5K. She tracked it to a neighboor in the same building, couple of stores up, who apparently switched the wires somehow, presumably with the help of a friend who works at Edenorte. It took a few visits to Edenorte and some convincing but in the end the bill went back to normal and the charges were all reversed.

21yearsinDR

May 29, 2013
I completely agree that we should all pay our share.. I agree that everybody should pay for electricity - off course I agree..
But you will have to report a lot of people then.. It does not make your bill smaller if you just report your neighbor. What about all the rest, who are not paying. The politicians, who do not pay, because they are, who they are.. Other ?important? people, who also have a ?special deal? with some employees at Edenorte.. This is ridiculous ?. And how can you be sooooo sure, that your neighbor is in fact stealing?? If you are mistaken, what then??
And reporting somebody ANONYMOUSLY is really for cowards only.. Talk to your neighbor if you really want to do something..

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Bingo!!! Its why the KW are so damn expensive, all of this theft so we all are penalized with high rates..Never seen it so high..In Freeport NY I paid around 45 bucks per Month..But, they had their own Plant, even water supply as well..Something they should do here, have a few small plants around, then just add water ;)

report her ass. i pay my bills. and probably half of that bill is for all those assholes who do not pay. each and every last one of them should be reported.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Think he is doing it right..At least Edenorte can send a truck over to see what's doing..But, these meters have detectors on them anyways, they can tell if your on the grid, green light (LED) on the meter..Now, if She is bypassing the meter, then for sure she is stealing it, FRY HER!! If she has an issue like I had, many of us do with bogus bills or something just happens, put it back at the meter if they cut you, this way it goes onto her next bill..

BJ, any idea how she is connected?? Was it the old double coat hangers over the top of lines, or a connection by the meter?

I completely agree that we should all pay our share.. I agree that everybody should pay for electricity - off course I agree..
But you will have to report a lot of people then.. It does not make your bill smaller if you just report your neighbor. What about all the rest, who are not paying. The politicians, who do not pay, because they are, who they are.. Other “important” people, who also have a “special deal” with some employees at Edenorte.. This is ridiculous …. And how can you be sooooo sure, that your neighbor is in fact stealing?? If you are mistaken, what then??
And reporting somebody ANONYMOUSLY is really for cowards only.. Talk to your neighbor if you really want to do something..

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Stealing is stealing period. That is one of the reasons the electricity here is sh*t and expensive on top of that.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
But you will have to report a lot of people then.. It does not make your bill smaller if you just report your neighbor.

that's the thing. if everyone reported electricity fraud there would be much less of it. more people would pay and the bills would actually go down. that would make it less painful to pay up and even more woul

o, f**k it. it would never work, would it? :tired::tired::tired::tired:

Status
Not open for further replies.