Another great eating place

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Applebee's opened the other day on Richart,just east of La Lebonese,in a new building.
SD now has,and not in any special order,
Mdonalds,Burger King,wendys,taco bells,Nathan's,chilis,outback,hooters,papa Johns,Krispy Kream,Pizza Hut ,Dominos,sweet frog,KFC,Johnny Rockets,Hard Rock,

Have I missed any???
Bob

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Applebee's opened the other day on Richart,just east of La Lebonese,in a new building.
SD now has,and not in any special order,
Mdonalds,Burger King,wendys,taco bells,Nathan's,chilis,outback,hooters,papa Johns,Krispy Kream,Pizza Hut ,Dominos,sweet frog,KFC,Johnny Rockets,Hard Rock,

Have I missed any???
Bob

no IHOP?

May 12, 2005
Fuddrucker's is really good. The others, not so much. Who wants all that American style fast food anyways. So many good little places to eat in both SD and Santiago if you look.

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Have any of you guys tried Coach's in the Colonial Zone for American, or Meson di Barri for Dominican??? Why go to the DR and eat American fast food outside of the stuck in traffic pitstop??? Why would anyone brag of eating fast food. That's worse than moving to Sosua and bragging about your girlfriend. With that said I do love Whoppers and Chicken McNuggets.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
This is actually depressing news. If I wanted that crap I would have stayed in the US. Outback is an exception as I like a good steak once in awhile.

Bob K

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Suggestions in Santiago accepted.

I suggest you give strongburger a try their yaroa is concidert the best you find good burgers also.
Infront of central in el 27 de febrerp big foodtruck there is also one in bartholome colon near the carwash. Behind los cerros

I used to have a good resteaurant with great steakes to go to for you but it closed :(

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I suggest you give strongburger a try their yaroa is concidert the best you find good burgers also.
Infront of central in el 27 de febrerp big foodtruck there is also one in bartholome colon near the carwash. Behind los cerros

I used to have a good resteaurant with great steakes to go to for you but it closed :(

WATCH THOSE FOOD TRUCKS!!! unless you can eat barbed wire, stick to the beaten path...

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Lol thats right but strondburger is the only truck where upper middle class also goes to its good quality. They even opened a resteaurant too now with their chain. Its clean and quality compared to a dirty truck you see a lot.

Otherwise i wont be advising it

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This is actually depressing news. If I wanted that crap I would have stayed in the US. Outback is an exception as I like a good steak once in awhile.

Bob K

I agree with you Bob. We never EVER eat at any American "restaurants" in DR.

To the OP, you missed Denny's.

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Me neither because things such as ihop or other american chains are crazy expensive :) but if you are a culinary "traveler" lets say in my eyes DR isnt a culinary paradise.

Even filty rich people i know eat same dishes everyday allmost arroz con habichuela and some pavo or chicken. Dominican resteaurants i allways regret going there because at the end of my meal i could have cooked it better myself.

I am not bashing on DR but you have to admit that if you love food and cooking there are other countrys where there is more of a culinary culture.

Allways awesome when a argentinan family invites you to their barbeque ;)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Another negative about eating US Fast Food here is the price. I would estimate close to double for example at McD's compared to the US. Not to mention quality of food and service.

I don't like fast food in the US, so I never eat it here either. But I went once with someone to MCD's and could not believe the robbery in price as for what I see advertised in the US. Maybe someone else knows if this is right.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Me neither because things such as ihop or other american chains are crazy expensive :) but if you are a culinary "traveler" lets say in my eyes DR isnt a culinary paradise.

Even filty rich people i know eat same dishes everyday allmost arroz con habichuela and some pavo or chicken. Dominican resteaurants i allways regret going there because at the end of my meal i could have cooked it better myself.

I am not bashing on DR but you have to admit that if you love food and cooking there are other countrys where there is more of a culinary culture.

Allways awesome when a argentinan family invites you to their barbeque ;)

hey, when i eat at most of the franchises ,i could have cooked it better myself.

May 12, 2005
I guess both! We like to eat pretty much everything and sometimes more formal is even better.

Casual I would suggest La Marchena, Max Delicias, Chef Pepper. Ahi-bar also has a decent menu, especially the picadera mixta and burritos. Camp David for drinks and dessert.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Fuddrucker's is really good. The others, not so much. Who wants all that American style fast food anyways. So many good little places to eat in both SD and Santiago if you look.

Someone likes them besides me, as they are always busy.
I also eat at some dominican restaurants, I live right next to Meson Bari and around corner from sports bar.
La Labenese is a great mid eastern restaurant and Mustards has a great hamburger.As I am married to a Dominican and have a rather large family, I do get tired of rice, beans and chicken.Some time I just crave a Big Mac fries and coke.And if I go to McDaniel on Max Gomez, it is full of college girls!!!!
Oh well
Bob