Biggest Mall in Santiago

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Can someone tell me the name of the biggest mall for shopping in Santiago - the name in Spanish? I have been there before years ago but I cant remember the name. I also don't know if there has been a better one built since. I am going to visiting for a day in a couple of weeks and would like to do some shopping. Any help would be great.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Read All About It! Spiderman spins web on Malls ;) Here is a link to all Malls in the DR,so it says..

Shopping Malls?::?Dominican Republic Directory?- Directorio y Buscador Dominicano

Can someone tell me the name of the biggest mall for shopping in Santiago - the name in Spanish? I have been there before years ago but I cant remember the name. I also don't know if there has been a better one built since. I am going to visiting for a day in a couple of weeks and would like to do some shopping. Any help would be great.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Plaza Internacional is the most popular and I think the biggest. Las Colinas is pretty big and fairly popular, but PI is probably the one you're thinking of. Bella Terra is the new mall in town but it's about 60 % vacant and only popular at night for the bars...

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
Colinas mall is the biggest (by far), Plaza internacional has the best stores & best food court and Bella Terra has the best atmosphere at night (best bars, discos etc).

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Demographics make Las Colinas Mall a lower middle class mall. Plaza Internacional and some of the smaller places in the upper part of town cater to a higher middle and upper class clientel ...

Terra is new but as stated, vacant. Except for the bars at night.

A lot depends on what you wish to shop for....for example if you want a custom-made guayabera, you can get one at Arcadio Diaz' place on Metropolitana Ave, next to Charlie's Motors...

If you want good Dominican food, there is La Comai, on Metropolitana Ave at the corner of Republica del Libano. Farragamo? Stylish clothing? a block away....In fact Metropolitana is a 5 block long shopping center...

HB

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
I feel there are actually no good malls here in Santiago. The best one is Plaza Internacional but the rest seem to be half empty (at least)

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Excellent no?? Who wants a crowd of people when you're shopping...Hope its that clear for Christmas shopping time..Ho Ho Ho..')

I feel there are actually no good malls here in Santiago. The best one is Plaza Internacional but the rest seem to be half empty (at least)