Visiting Soon

Hi everyone,
don't know if you remember my previous posts but I am now making preparations for a trip to DR in 2 weeks. Does anyone have any property for rent in the North Coast near the Puerto Plata area available for rent? I will mainly be in the area of Santiago for the modernization, cleanliness and it's the 2nd biggest city in DR but would like to explore other areas as well. I am flying into Santo Domingo and will be there for a few days so can certainly see properties around outside areas. I am also interested in any areas outside of the capital like Bani/San Cristobal as far as la Romana that I can take a look at. My requirements are detailed below. Due to my ability to be mobile with my business my biggest concerns are access to quality affordable education, good family friendly environment, hospitals, healthcare and access to public transportation or walking distance to everyday things such as markets, groceries, doctors, schools until I'm able to get a vehicle.

If there is an area you would like to suggest I'm more than open to visit and make it part of the trip.

Requirements
3-4 bedrooms
2+ bathrooms
1+ parking
Laundry area
Safety
Running Water/Water Heater
Appliances already in place
Could be furnished
Budget up to $700 per month, keep in mind less is more =)

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
Kareline, I don't know if you can get a furnished place for that kind of money. Another thing you'll want to consider is if you want the place to have a generator. I'm currently renting in Villa Olga for about 800$ without any furniture or appliances but everything else you mentioned AND a generator.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Check out the DR1 "Real Estate" site!!!!!!!!!
LOTS of North Shore rentals there, all sizes, and prices.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hi grumpy,
Thanks and appreciate the feedback. $800 is just over my budget.
Kareline, I don't know if you can get a furnished place for that kind of money. Another thing you'll want to consider is if you want the place to have a generator. I'm currently renting in Villa Olga for about 800$ without any furniture or appliances but everything else you mentioned AND a generator.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
I'm up for adoption...Mommy??

I take it you're renting a Car?? If you need a call on Taxi, have a friend in SD, can get you at the airport etc..It would be a lot cheaper taking Taxi's, also have on in Santiago and here where I am in POP...The gas alone from SD to POP would run you about 3,000, and all that driving you will need to hit a salon ;) You might want to look into Dominican Today for some apartments, its in Eglish to boot...

Direct DT Link: http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/classifieds

Shows a few places, but mostly selling However, their sister link is below

InDominicana.com - Dominican Republic Real Estate - buy and rent houses villas condos golf courses

And if you need a Realtor, let me know,friend as well

Anthony
;)

Hi everyone,
don't know if you remember my previous posts but I am now making preparations for a trip to DR in 2 weeks. Does anyone have any property for rent in the North Coast near the Puerto Plata area available for rent? I will mainly be in the area of Santiago for the modernization, cleanliness and it's the 2nd biggest city in DR but would like to explore other areas as well. I am flying into Santo Domingo and will be there for a few days so can certainly see properties around outside areas. I am also interested in any areas outside of the capital like Bani/San Cristobal as far as la Romana that I can take a look at. My requirements are detailed below. Due to my ability to be mobile with my business my biggest concerns are access to quality affordable education, good family friendly environment, hospitals, healthcare and access to public transportation or walking distance to everyday things such as markets, groceries, doctors, schools until I'm able to get a vehicle.

If there is an area you would like to suggest I'm more than open to visit and make it part of the trip.

Requirements
3-4 bedrooms
2+ bathrooms
1+ parking
Laundry area
Safety
Running Water/Water Heater
Appliances already in place
Could be furnished
Budget up to $700 per month, keep in mind less is more =)

Ha Skynet,
you know us must keep the naps in order! I will not have a car, but my mother is also traveling with us, however she has her things to tend to so I will take the time to explore on my own with a little help from anyone that's up for to show me around and some ins and outs. Thank you but I won;t need a ride from the airport as I have a family member dropping me and the girls at a hotel. I have an hora santa for my grandmother Sat early afternoon so will be available to make some rounds later that afternoon early evening, maybe. Monday and Tuesday I am available both days to explore, look at schools etc. Would really like to go to La Romana to look around, will fit that in between Monday/Tuesday, I believe it's 3 hours away?

Wednesday my mother and I with the girls are planning to head to Puerto Plata to visit with family and would like to tour Santiago while I'm on that side of the country. What do you think? Know it's kind of cramped together but where there is a will there is a way.

I take it you're renting a Car?? If you need a call on Taxi, have a friend in SD, can get you at the airport etc..It would be a lot cheaper taking Taxi's, also have on in Santiago and here where I am in POP...The gas alone from SD to POP would run you about 3,000, and all that driving you will need to hit a salon ;) You might want to look into Dominican Today for some apartments, its in Eglish to boot...

InDominicana.com - Dominican Republic Real Estate - buy and rent houses villas condos golf courses

Anthony
;)

Skynet,
thank you so much for the listings. I found something that looks awesome already. In El Paraiso in Santiago. Anyone familiar? $15,0000 RD, that's right in my budget... I feel the anxiety easing up, lol!

Anthony
;)

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Hey. Most places for rent do not include appliances unless it's furnished or more expensive rental but when I moved into my es house the appliances were there so my fridge and stove are just sitting in my storage house out back. If you end up in Santiago you are welcome to use them until you get your own. I know how hard it is on a budget to have to furnish a house, they're both only a year old with warranties. Stainless steel. You can use them as long as you like unless I move which I don't plan on doing.

SHALENA

Hey Shalena,
That's so kind of you. No wonder most of the places I see do not have appliances, here I thought they would put in when ready for occupancy. See you learn something new everyday. I'm going to send you a private message to discuss further. Thanks a million Shalena!
Hey. Most places for rent do not include appliances unless it's furnished or more expensive rental but when I moved into my es house the appliances were there so my fridge and stove are just sitting in my storage house out back. If you end up in Santiago you are welcome to use them until you get your own. I know how hard it is on a budget to have to furnish a house, they're both only a year old with warranties. Stainless steel. You can use them as long as you like unless I move which I don't plan on doing.

SHALENA

Jeez.. skynet what do you do to break a fridge or stove? Even though my 4 munchkins can be like little vultures, how we say "tampoco asi :)".
TE=skynet;1327605]And if you break em, you bought em..LOL..kidding...Great people here!!! Hope it all works well for you :)[/QUOTE]

Ladytrvlr

Oct 20, 2013
I'm new and looking to spent 3 months in Cabarete staring in Feb.

I can show you a furnished place a block from the ocean where my friend rented fully furnished 2 bedroom place with air cond etc for $450. It was a Dominican negotiated price for a 6 month lease, but they are available. Call me when you get here and I'll show you around. I realize it isn't the place you need, but believe there are some such in the neighborhood.
Der Fish

I'd like the same info please. Ve been before and visited various cities, but fell in love with Cabarete. I stayed at kaoba. It was cool. There is a nce family owned cafe right on the sand facing the ocean. I spent some time talking with the owners (the mom and daughter). The daughter is married to a Dutch gentleman I believe. They had an apartment right next to their home. Would love to see if that apartment is available in Feb. if you know who I'm speaking or, please let me know their name.

Thank you.
Tonii@ladytrvlr.com

Last edited: