Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default would going into the taxi business a great way to make money?

i'm just opening this topic to have a friendly discussion, in no way am i actually trying to get a company like this started but after having many conversations with drivers and getting killed by advertisements of phone numbers i was wondering if this really is something to get rich of.

i sometimes just let my mind just thinking WHAT IF!

if i had a taxi company i would get new cars, not those old dirty rotten cars you see.

i would set up a service for ladies clients only with lady drivers.

i would (like in usa) have a sign on top of my cars for sponsors.

i mean these are just thoughts, but after having a couple of conversations with drivers saying they only make around 1000 to 1500 per day, i mean, i don't know!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

If you did it, and it worked well, you would soon have 3 to 5 competitors doing the same thing. So the answer is, no it would not work well.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea. Any business idea that does well will soon get competition, but competition can always be beaten with brains and hard work.

4. Likes toriemannetje liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    If you did it, and it worked well, you would soon have 3 to 5 competitors doing the same thing. So the answer is, no it would not work well.
    windy, make that 3 to 5 thousand.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless you joined an existing taxi union (syndicate), you will have issues with broken windshields and slashed tires.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default pink guaguas

Always thought I would like to have a pink guagua with a lady driver and a lady shover for ladies only! Just a wierd dream tho!

8. Likes toriemannetje liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

try this one;

get an RV. offer tours around the island. make a route, with food stops, stops at car washes, and other places of interest.(if your group is mongers) if it is history buffs, make a trip to historical places of interest. get a reliable driver, and designated stops where you have security, and can connect to the mains..if you get 6 people, you can make decent scratch

like it, anyone?

10. Likes bizzyboneizo, smitty777, jinty05 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    Unless you joined an existing taxi union (syndicate), you will have issues with broken windshields and slashed tires.
    Tambo, you left out slashed throat.

12. Likes Criss Colon, jinty05 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    try this one;

get an RV. offer tours around the island. make a route, with food stops, stops at car washes, and other places of interest.(if your group is mongers) if it is history buffs, make a trip to historical places of interest. get a reliable driver, and designated stops where you have security, and can connect to the mains..if you get 6 people, you can make decent scratch

like it, anyone?
    I like it alot, Jimmydr can be the bus driver!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    maybe, maybe not, i don't have the money to buy 10 brand new cars at this moment, a lot of people also don't have!

i think those who have money invest in other businesses, that's why if you have the money it might be something worth doing just to stand out! i mean, all these dominicans here are used to messed up looking cars but it would be fresh to call a company that would only provide you safe, comfortable and good looking cars.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast