Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default would going into the taxi business a great way to make money?

    i'm just opening this topic to have a friendly discussion, in no way am i actually trying to get a company like this started but after having many conversations with drivers and getting killed by advertisements of phone numbers i was wondering if this really is something to get rich of.

    i sometimes just let my mind just thinking WHAT IF!

    if i had a taxi company i would get new cars, not those old dirty rotten cars you see.

    i would set up a service for ladies clients only with lady drivers.

    i would (like in usa) have a sign on top of my cars for sponsors.

    i mean these are just thoughts, but after having a couple of conversations with drivers saying they only make around 1000 to 1500 per day, i mean, i don't know!

  2. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    28,773
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If you did it, and it worked well, you would soon have 3 to 5 competitors doing the same thing. So the answer is, no it would not work well.

  3. #3
    Silver
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,953
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I like the idea. Any business idea that does well will soon get competition, but competition can always be beaten with brains and hard work.

  4. Likes toriemannetje liked this post
  5. #4
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    33,905
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    If you did it, and it worked well, you would soon have 3 to 5 competitors doing the same thing. So the answer is, no it would not work well.
    windy, make that 3 to 5 thousand.

  6. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    11,118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Unless you joined an existing taxi union (syndicate), you will have issues with broken windshields and slashed tires.

  7. #6
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default pink guaguas

    Always thought I would like to have a pink guagua with a lady driver and a lady shover for ladies only! Just a wierd dream tho!

  8. Likes toriemannetje liked this post
  9. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    33,905
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    try this one;

    get an RV. offer tours around the island. make a route, with food stops, stops at car washes, and other places of interest.(if your group is mongers) if it is history buffs, make a trip to historical places of interest. get a reliable driver, and designated stops where you have security, and can connect to the mains..if you get 6 people, you can make decent scratch

    like it, anyone?

  10. Likes bizzyboneizo, smitty777, jinty05 liked this post
  11. #8
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    33,905
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    Unless you joined an existing taxi union (syndicate), you will have issues with broken windshields and slashed tires.
    Tambo, you left out slashed throat.

  12. Likes Criss Colon, jinty05 liked this post
  13. #9
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    11,118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    try this one;

    get an RV. offer tours around the island. make a route, with food stops, stops at car washes, and other places of interest.(if your group is mongers) if it is history buffs, make a trip to historical places of interest. get a reliable driver, and designated stops where you have security, and can connect to the mains..if you get 6 people, you can make decent scratch

    like it, anyone?
    I like it alot, Jimmydr can be the bus driver!


  14. #10
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    If you did it, and it worked well, you would soon have 3 to 5 competitors doing the same thing. So the answer is, no it would not work well.
    maybe, maybe not, i don't have the money to buy 10 brand new cars at this moment, a lot of people also don't have!

    i think those who have money invest in other businesses, that's why if you have the money it might be something worth doing just to stand out! i mean, all these dominicans here are used to messed up looking cars but it would be fresh to call a company that would only provide you safe, comfortable and good looking cars.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •