Residency Visa Medical Certificate

brittopher1

Apr 11, 2012
My girlfriend and I are applying for our Residency Visa and the embassy's phone lines are a bit out of sorts at the moment.

Does anyone know if there is a certain format required for the Medical Certificate or if I can use a simple statement on the doctors letterhead such as:

This medical certificate attests that Mr. / Ms. ????????? does not suffer from any illness that would
pose a threat to public health.

Signature Date

Este certificado m?dico acredita que el Sr./Srta?????????.. no padece ninguna de las
enfermedades que pueden tener repercusiones de salud p?blica graves.

Firma Fecha

Thank you!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
WHAT "Embassy"?????
Where???
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
And if you are coming to the DR, come ALONE!!!!!
We have Better "Girlfriends" here!!!!!!
It will save you two tickets for her, one here, the other there when she finds out you are "Sampling" here!!!
:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My girlfriend and I are applying for our Residency Visa and the embassy's phone lines are a bit out of sorts at the moment.

Does anyone know if there is a certain format required for the Medical Certificate or if I can use a simple statement on the doctors letterhead such as:

This medical certificate attests that Mr. / Ms. ……………………… does not suffer from any illness that would
pose a threat to public health.

Signature Date

Este certificado m?dico acredita que el Sr./Srta……………………….. no padece ninguna de las
enfermedades que pueden tener repercusiones de salud p?blica graves.

Firma Fecha

Thank you!

I believe they send you to their own doctor.

brlatm

Apr 26, 2012
I believe they send you to their own doctor.

Partially incorrect, the form like you stated above will be fine. We got ours done by our family Dr. stating we are in good health etc.... Had to send that to get Apostilled, get all that transcribed in Spanish for the DR Govt. Go to Santo Domingo and have them do the urine, chest x-ray etc.

That was a year ago and we are still waiting on our residency cards. Good luck.

brittopher1

Apr 11, 2012
Thank you for the answers.

We are applying for the initial residency visa good for one entry and for a few months which then allows us to apply for the actual Residency (which requires the urine test and chest x-ray).

Thanks again!

Then yes a letter like that is what I got coming from Canada to the DR. I do not know if it is different in other Countries?

My Dr. also said I was in good Health like the other poster said.

It did not need to be in Spanish at the time I did it a year ago as my Dr does not speak Spanish....