Can you live stream Canadian channels in the D.R.?

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
I wanted to try live streaming, via our computer, when we get down there again in January. Particularly hockey broadcast on CBC. There are other programmes we are interested in as well. I understand that I would need a good & fast internet connection but has anyone else tried this? I really don't want to have to go through a proxy server as I am not very conversant with the protocols of such.

Thanks for any input.

:confused:

drdirectional

Aug 6, 2011
www.pristinepads.com
I use VPN one click. Its a free VPN software, you just click on the country flag you want to change your IP address from and your on your way. I watched all the CBC games last year on this with my mediocre internet connection.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I wanted to try live streaming, via our computer, when we get down there again in January. Particularly hockey broadcast on CBC. There are other programmes we are interested in as well. I understand that I would need a good & fast internet connection but has anyone else tried this? I really don't want to have to go through a proxy server as I am not very conversant with the protocols of such.

Thanks for any input.

:confused:

I think is posible, I was in Canada last month and from there I was watching the channel 11 over the internet, you just has to google canadian tv online.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Thanks both! Looks great and easy. Watching a live stream is so much better than podcasts and episodes of programmes. I'm HAPPY and so too the old man!

drdirectional

Aug 6, 2011
www.pristinepads.com
Rendul, I just looked back and checked the software, its only a free trial. however a 1 year subscription is only $20 and well worth it.
I forgot that I had paid for it when the playoffs started last year.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
You can also subscribe to nhl game center, its 100$/yr and you can watch all the games you want, in HD or std resolution.

You need a goos internet for HD.

You wont need any vpn or change ur ip.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
Wow...no input on things Canadian from Mr. Saunders? Oh well, I guess he's busy propagating lies about other countries :)

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Wow this is great! VPN is only $20.00 a year versus $100.00. Also it isn't just the sports but there are also other programmes we would like to see. I can see this as beneficial when we travel to other countries as well. Thank you all! Last year we really missed the hockey.