Looking for car shipper from USA

WMT

Oct 29, 2007
I'm looking to import two cars from the USA (Pennsylvania, but I don't mind shipping to another port, if advantageous). I could ship them to Jaxport and use Trailerbridge, but they only ship to Puerto Plata, and I've heard that that is not a good option. Haina is better.

I don't mind using RORO or container. What I'm looking for is your experience with shippers so that I can choose a good one and avoid the bad ones. I look forward to reading your posts.
WMT

WMT

Oct 29, 2007
Successfully shipped my Prius!

OK, here is what finally transpired:
I bought my car in Philladelphia. I drove it from there to Miami. I had an arrangement with a friend who runs a car dealership. She gave me a number to call in Miami. They came to my address (stayed with friends), picked up the car and paperwork and looked after it from there. Using the VIN number I was able to follow the car from Miami to Haina. (Seaboard Marine Web site)

Even paying a commission to my friend, it cost me $2000 cheaper than if I was to do everything myself. The price included delivery to my door, if I wanted it - licence plate and marbeta in place!

The hub caps were stolen - a normal occurence when shipping here - but everything else is fine. I am now enjoying driving my Prius around the country while leaving gas stations behind. For example, I went from Bavaro to Nagua to Sosua to Santiago on only 8 galons!

Cheers all.

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Do not listen to the Grinch....

very good outcome for you.... the dealer has manuals for repairing (if needed)

Nice work.... happy driving

CCCCCCCCC do you even own a cccccccccccccar, or are you just kkkkkkkkkibitzing??

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
A "Prius" electric car/hybred dealer in the DR?
Like I said,."GOOD LUCK"!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Imagine the cost to replace the batteries here??????????????????????????

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

A plug in hybrid could be the best bet in the DR, especially if you are one of those fortunate people that does not have an electric meter/ flat rate. What is gas like $5 a gallon?

Chevy Volt or Plug in Prius. The Prius batteries have a long history of being great.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

It's a TOYOTA.... knucklehead...... they fix them at dealerships.

The batteries have a life of beyond 150,000 miles or 10 yrs or so.

I can agree that a bicycle will be cheaper..... for you......... and the excercise will do you good.:laugh:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Slick Willie" your points are ALL VALID!!!!!
Just NOT here in the DR!!!!
A DR Toyota dealer who can repair, or maintain a Hybrid"???????
THAT, will be the DAY!!!!!!!!!!!
You sound like "PEE-Char-DOE"!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
You do know what they call people who ride a bicycle here in the DR don't you??????????????

"DEAD"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Dead..... hahahaha

All cylinders today , huh CCCologne?

I bet you that the TOYOTA computer at the local dealership can service/repair a Prius.
Not that much manual input by Manuel any more..... automated gadgets seek and fix problems.

Slide in the "Prius" disc and presto....

Let's get some real answers.....

Calling PlayaCaribe2, Calling PlayaCaribe2...... come in PC2.....

do you read us ??