Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default it's the greed, stupid!

and interesting article in the economy - where else - section of hoy. the president of ONEC (organización nacional de empresas comerciales alerts the public yet again about this unjust an evil situation of charging no taxes for bringing in goods of value less that 200 dollars. he quotes enormous loss for the budget and the dangers of growing unemployment if this vile setup continues.
    ONEC: exención compras internet hará perder 100 mil empleos en 3 años - Hoy

i think i am foaming at the mouth right now. the reason people bring in things, the reason i shop on the internet is that the greed of local sellers is asphyxiating. i have not bought clothing in DR in 5 years or so. the same with cosmetic. and some foods, despite their availability on a local market. books, shoes, electronics, all bought over the internet and shipped. even with courier charges (EPS) it's still way cheaper than the very same product sold in DR. and damn, a local seller does not buy the items individually, like me. he buys wholesale, at even lower prices. why charge several times over?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i am setting up a business mail account, and once i have it, i will be buying toilet paper abroad.

3. Likes Criss Colon, frank12 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

just like the prices in UK for computers, compared to the states.......like 50% more in UK.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i know this dominican guy who works with miesposo. he is very smart, well read, PUCMM professor (among other gigs he does). and very undominican when it comes to his lifestyle. he does nearly all his shopping over the internet with the exception of fresh produce. we are getting there too. our only local shopping is food and some basics but i am starting to think more of our shopping should be done online. this is not to spite local economy. it's to survive financially.

6. Likes Frank the Tank liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

can you buy 10 pesos of tomato paste and one egg online?

8. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

i seen a 29 dollar blinder in ole for 100 and it was a older model.every time i fly out there my bag is full of house stuff and little clothing

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

why should i not buy everything online if i can get stuff shipped for 2.50 per lb?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

only thing they have is tomato past and no other tomato products

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

see, you think too dominican now. i could buy tomato paste, maybe better than victorina, organic, all natural, whatever. but i am not talking about perishable products. i am talking about stuff like wild rice. a lot cheaper online. "exotic" flours for baking. variety of gluten free stuff available in DR at cut throat prices. i am talking beauty products like a variety of liquid soaps, body lotions and so on.

we just came back from europe. we brought two large suitcases and two small ones full of stuff. from chocolates to ham. lots of cosmetics for me. quality underwear. i regret not bringing more...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

So what? Let them cancel the exemption I will still continue to buy online instead the rubbish in their shops...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast