More and more Haitian, Dominican boatpeople seek U.S. dream together

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
More and more Haitian, Dominican boatpeople seek U.S. dream together

San Juan, Puerto Rico.- U.S. authorities arrested 91 undocumented travelers from Haiti and Dominican Republic trying to enter Puerto Rico, the latest in increasing interdictions of boatpeople from Hispaniola?s two nations.

According to an official source quoted by EFE Thursday, Police on the Caribbean island detained a group of 60 men, 27 women and one minor of Haitian nationality and three Dominicans.

The undocumented immigrants were spotted aboard a 12-meter vessel around 8 nautical miles southwest of the island of Desecheo, located between Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic.

U.S. Coast Guard personnel proceeded to deport the boatpeople who were in good health, according to the source close to the operation.

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
Tag team effort! Where are those who say HAITIANS AND DOMINICANS CANNOT GET ALONG? Here is the proof

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The Dominicans took the Haitians along to eat if they were marooned along the way!!!!
And to as "Shark Bait" if they sank!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I thought dominicans were highly respectful of immigration laws, thus they would never try to enter another country without a visa.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
EXCEPT for the One Million "Ilegales" who live in the USA that is!!!!
Tu Puedes Decir, "Estado Ninera"?????????
"Dis Contri Bean Berry Berry Gud Tu Mi'!!!
Que Dios te bendigas OBAMA!
Secion 8, food stamps, medicare, y no hay que pager por NADA!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Haha like every dominican is respectfull for the immigration laws :D man i know like 30 in my country illegals and more living on gouverment money . I can arange you a marrige but at the end its actually not a legal way cuz its fake. whats the "legal" way then for a dominican from the streets ? You aint getting no refugee no wars around here.

I spoke with a kid once in santo domingo he managed to get to europe on a ship . They sended him back to dr with some money.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "LEGAL" way for a Dominican to get to the USA, is for a relative who already has legal status there to "Petition" for their
relative to enter.
Most "Sneak In" by just staying after a visitors visa , or student visa, expires.
"Boat People" is another way, in the past,it was using someone else's passport.
A few have tried the "Hide" in the wheel well of a plane bound for the USA.
They usually are found, on the ground, sometimes on the roof of a house,about 5 miles short of the runway!
Every year there is a TV news story about an unidentified man found dead with no clue to how he got there.
If not for the hungry sharks between the DR and Puerto Rico, there would be thousands more "Illegales" from the DR in "Nueba Yol"!!!
I Should Talk, I have been living in the DR since 1995 without any "Papeles"!!!!!!
But then I bring a lot of money IN to the DR, I don't just "SUCK IT OUT OF THE US economy, as the "Dominican Jorks" do!!
By actual count, I have given poor Dominican mothers, 10,000 "Pamper", and 5,000 cans of "Leche En Polvo", and 10 gallons of just ,plain "Leche"!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCd

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
The "LEGAL" way for a Dominican to get to the USA, is for a relative who already has legal status there to "Petition" for their
relative to enter.
Most "Sneak In" by just staying after a visitors visa , or student visa, expires.
"Boat People" is another way, in the past,it was using someone else's passport.
They usually are found, on the ground, sometimes on the roof of a house,about 5 miles short of the runway!
Every year there is a TV news story about an unidentified man found dead with no clue to how he got there.
If not for the hungry sharks between the DR and Puerto Rico, there would be thousands more "Illegales" from the DR in "Nueba Yol"!!!
I Should Talk, I have been living in the DR since 1995 without any "Papeles"!!!!!!
But then I bring a lot of money IN to the DR, I don't just "SUCK IT OUT OF THE US economy, as the "Dominican Jorks" do!!
By actual count, I have given poor Dominican mothers, 10,000 "Pamper", and 5,000 cans of "Leche En Polvo", and 10 gallons of just ,plain "Leche"!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCd

You haven't been sucked dry yet? ;)

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013

That actualy happened when i was around 13 years old, the planes that land in brussels airport get their wheels out around the area were my parents lived and a african was between the wheels and fell into a field of cows they found him like a week later or something :) but pretty scary the guy could have dropped into my roofwindow. But thats just dangerous they freeze up there and there is no air, the guy was allready dead before he "landed"

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
CCCCCC you forgot the most common way, and the one that touches closest to home on DR1...the unlimited dominican capacity to love that overflows DR population and leads them to marry foreigners.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
That actualy happened when i was around 13 years old, the planes that land in brussels airport get their wheels out around the area were my parents lived and a african was between the wheels and fell into a field of cows they found him like a week later or something :) but pretty scary the guy could have dropped into my roofwindow. But thats just dangerous they freeze up there and there is no air, the guy was allready dead before he "landed"

You found that funny ? And worry that he could have landed on your roof ?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think in the spirit of togetherness the haitians are charged twice the price.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
remember the ones from here a few years ago trying to get to turks? like 26 or something in a 12ft boat, only one tank of gas.......they drifted for two weeks and were picked up 100 miles east of puerto rico, 22 has died and 4 were alive, eating the flesh of the dead. and unfortunately it is a very common occurrance, many are picked up and shipped back, only to try again.......