AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Be sure to obey the laws :laugh:

From DR1 News:

More AMET take to the streets

Close to 300 newly graduated Metropolitan Transportation Authority (AMET) agents are now out on the streets of the National District and the province of Santo Domingo. AMET commander General Juan G. Brown Perez said that this is the AMET's largest ever graduation group. The new agents received their training at the Metropolitan Transportation School as well as at the Police Academy in Hatillo, San Cristobal. As part of a new initiative, these agents have also been trained in crime prevention and criminal procedures and will assist the authorities in fighting criminal activities, as reported in El Caribe.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
I think this is good. I have been arrested 2 times this year by a amet for not resepcting the rules, both time the agent was polite and give me a clear warning to not do what i did and why it was bad and blablabla.

I can honestly see positive about this, they should atart giving ticket too and that you have to pay them, maybe some of the savage that Re driving like maniac would learn something when they have to pay 1000 pesos tickets a few times during the year!!!

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
I think this is good. I have been arrested 2 times this year by a amet for not resepcting the rules, both time the agent was polite and give me a clear warning to not do what i did and why it was bad and blablabla.

I can honestly see positive about this, they should atart giving ticket too and that you have to pay them, maybe some of the savage that Re driving like maniac would learn something when they have to pay 1000 pesos tickets a few times during the year!!!

Arrested by AMET?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
That would be the 10 yesterday at the corner of Lincoln and Kennedy.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
be careful. AMET agents are always paying attention!

2hn9cmc.jpg

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
It would be interesting to listen to the training one day.

We need more AMET.
Really.

No, I mean really..

On our now family-friendly, remodeled and road signed Sosua I was watching the AMET stopping and ticketing Gringos for accidentally going down the new and un-announced one-way street whilst totally ignoring the helmetless motos and junk-pile pickups going the wrong way.
It was so blatant I should have filmed it.

Great job guys.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Just talking to Mr. AE about this, and I said everyone better stop for red lights now. And he said, "or keep a couple of 500 peso bills handy". :ermm::ermm:

And he's the one who told me the AMET can't be bribed..... hmmmmmm.......

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
It would be interesting to listen to the training one day.

We need more AMET.
Really.

No, I mean really..

On our now family-friendly, remodeled and road signed Sosua I was watching the AMET stopping and ticketing Gringos for accidentally going down the new and un-announced one-way street whilst totally ignoring the helmetless motos and junk-pile pickups going the wrong way.
It was so blatant I should have filmed it.

Great job guys.
I watch them every day on our corner, and believe me that they nail a lot more Dominicans on motos (wrong way or no helmets) than they do gringos. They load at least 20 to 30 motos per day.