Living in Jardin deportivo, cabarete

Antonia Cantillo

May 30, 2012
Hi i'm thinking of moving to cabarete, i have the posibility to live in the Jardin Deportivo (back) area... i've been there during the day and it seems ok.. but i've read stuff saying its unsafe during the night... anyone has any advice? thanks--:bunny:

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Do a search for Cabarete, think there was a thread on the bad & good...Search window is located in the blue bar above...Where do you live now?? This would help with your other thread..

Hi i'm thinking of moving to cabarete, i have the posibility to live in the Jardin Deportivo (back) area... i've been there during the day and it seems ok.. but i've read stuff saying its unsafe during the night... anyone has any advice? thanks--:bunny:

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Better to find out now then later and you want to move again..UG!yup, that's me but I'm in Puerto Plata, moved from SD and going back hopefully in Dec or Jan...But, I plan to check out Sosua and areas around there first

Do they say Jardin is the worst of Cabarete? ...mmmmm scared to read that...

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Better to find out now then later and you want to move again..UG!yup, that's me but I'm in Puerto Plata, moved from SD and going back hopefully in Dec or Jan...But, I plan to check out Sosua and areas around there first

Hi Antho, why do you say hopefully? Do you prefer SD than than the NC?
:)

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Whats NC, only know it as North Carolina..LOL As of now? yes, prefer SD...Here in POP they have no stores, fast foods, and only 3 high priced supermarkets..I want more of those....NOT!! Serious, very expensive here to boot! Plus I have no choice but to travel every Month to SD for my medications/doctor, its a all day thing even leaving at 6 in the Morning, plus very painful for me sitting so long...In SD, everywhere you turn there is a store, pretty much all you need just around the corner..

I left a lot behind not thinking....Doctors, Veterinary, or really, Avian Vet... Computer Tech, friends, and the people seem more nice, or just up to my speed so to speak..Where are you? have you ever been to SD or lived there? If you're outside of POP, how do you like where you are??

Hi Antho, why do you say hopefully? Do you prefer SD than than the NC?
:)

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
its prone to mosquitos around that area if there has been a lot of rain, also the place makes me feel a bit creepy for some reason I dont feel that safe around there.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Is nt it a gay place?

they did try to make it a gay area about 7 years ago,there were two gay hotels and a bar, but it was too far out from the main town to survive.
I beleive the hotels on the left are no longer run as gay hotels

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Jardin Deportivo was beautiful once, but that was many years ago. Now, it's probably the least desirable area of Cabarete to live. If you're on such a tight budget that you'd consider JD...I suggest checking out ProCab...much closer to town and often there are some pretty good rental deals there. You can also try Playa Encuentro...or if you're really stretching your budget, Callejon de la Loma.

Antonia Cantillo

May 30, 2012
Actually we were thinking of building a house there to live and rent it out for tourists too! Do you think it could be an area that will develop again?

DavidZ why do you say its the least desirable area to live?
tHANKS to all for your input!

A

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Actually we were thinking of building a house there to live and rent it out for tourists too! Do you think it could be an area that will develop again?

DavidZ why do you say its the least desirable area to live?
tHANKS to all for your input!

A

Antonia,
DavidZ is correct in my opinion. I would be hard pressed to think of a scarier area to live in around here.

Build a house there? Rent to tourists?
I can't imagine anyone would consider doing this in what I know of as Jardin Deportivo.

Are you sure you are referring to the area correctly that you're considering building?
Are you referring to an area closer to Camino del Sol? Even then it's an area that I'd consider generally to be in decline.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we are talking about the stretch of cabarete towards sabaneta, correct? no bueno. i am sure it has a certain potential but i do not know the situation in regards to the property titles. most of the development of cabarete happens at the west end of town, towards sosua.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
we are talking about the stretch of cabarete towards sabaneta, correct? no bueno. i am sure it has a certain potential but i do not know the situation in regards to the property titles. most of the development of cabarete happens at the west end of town, towards sosua.

dv8,
More accurately it is an old run down development that is a mix of houses and mostly abandoned hotels whose entrance is on the stretch from Cabarete to Sabaneta. It's about 3km (?) outside of center Cabarete.

epabyter.jpg

a6epave5.jpg

za7usedu.jpg

ADECA

Apr 22, 2009
The answer to the original poster's question is -- yes, security is a problem in Jardin Deportivo. Too many abandoned buildings and open spaces. You can do much better elsewhere in Cabarete.