buying car, how do You Pay?

gray

Apr 11, 2013
do the dealers have a machine for debit or visa? or is cash the only answer?

certified cheque , money order?

first off, i only have a foreign bank.

what options do i have?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I wired money in.... they accept certified checks/bank drafts and , believe it or not - cash.

Not uncommon here to pay cash - a big pile of it.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
When I bought the car, the guy( DEALERSHIP) actually opened AN account in the BHD so we could do a direct US dollar transfer , then took it all out in cash.

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
I bought a car with a personal check from the US. We won't get the titla until the check clears which is understandable. I am dealing with a reputable car dealrt

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we paid with direct transfer so the money was available to the seller straight away. like WW said, lot of dominicans will use cash. or direct transfers. but of course it is easy since they have dominican accounts. a bit hard for gringos who may not have suffient funds available in cash in DR. wire from USA or europe for the amount over 10k is a bit of a hassle. if you want to buy a car i suggest you transfer money to the dominican account ahead of time, when you are still looking for a car. then you can pay all straight away.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I wired it in dv8, no hassle really - straight to the dealer.

But preparing ahead of time is even easier.... smooth bank to bank transfer or local check

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Bought our car through a large dealership in S.D. Direct wire transfer from my bank in U.S. to dealership. I had previously told my bank I was going to make the purchase so when I called them from S.D. with the actual amount the deal went through by the next afternoon.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
I bought a new vehicle from Ochoa Santiago and paid for it with my credit card (UK) in 4 separate transactions for (US)12,500 each spread over 28 days.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
do the dealers have a machine for debit or visa? or is cash the only answer?

certified cheque , money order?

first off, i only have a foreign bank.

what options do i have?

how about going to them and ask them, or look for their number and call them.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
I found that you get the best deal with "money in hand", either cash or money transferred at the minute.