Japanese Koi Carp in the D. R

KOI KING

Oct 6, 2013
Hi . .Very simple request really. I am brand new to this forum and am at my wits end in trying to find someone who can help me..

Does anyone know anywhere where you can buy Japanese Koi carp here in the Dominican Republic. I live in Bavaro but would travel anywhere to find them. I have tried looking online but in vain.. Please , if anyone out there knows anyone who has them or knows a shop that sells them , please let me know...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hi . .Very simple request really. I am brand new to this forum and am at my wits end in trying to find someone who can help me..

Does anyone know anywhere where you can buy Japanese Koi carp here in the Dominican Republic. I live in Bavaro but would travel anywhere to find them. I have tried looking online but in vain.. Please , if anyone out there knows anyone who has them or knows a shop that sells them , please let me know...

i see a lot of cotorra in your future. i do not think you are going to find that here

Andrew Smith

Jun 28, 2009

Hey there.. I live in Bavaro and just donated all my koi to the pond at the back of San juan mall. There is an aquarium guy in bavaro who does stock koi but they are not that great.. But for basic sankes and Showas he has some.. Also expensive though. I will be moving to Jarabacoa and will be starting another pond there. if you want to get in touch send me a PM.

Andrew Smith

Jun 28, 2009
Hey there.. I live in Bavaro and just donated all my koi to the pond at the back of San juan mall. There is an aquarium guy in bavaro who does stock koi but they are not that great.. But for basic sankes and Showas he has some.. Also expensive though. I will be moving to Jarabacoa and will be starting another pond there. if you want to get in touch send me a PM.
.Funny thing is that I also lived in Panama.. Was friendly with Alex Scholten a dutch guy there who still has I believe, koi panama

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

There is a restarurant in Santiago ,at the intersection of Del Sol and Francia...it has a pond full of those fish, right at the front door...one night when I was leaving and had to many wooble pops, I was standing there trying to count exactly how many of those Koi they had in the pond....so when the bartender asked me how many, all I could say was to many........If you want I can get you the name of Koi residence........

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Extend your imaginatoon a bit and consider the benefits of aquaculture in a huge scale in RD . Fish protien is good for you.
The Huntsman Marine Science center of Saint Andrews by the Sea, New Brunswick. Canada had an international aquaculture program. Reason why Chile is big in Atlantic Salmon aquaculture. Also tropical species aquaculture. In the Solomon Islands.
Big business for domestic and export ... lots of process jobs. Full training for Technologists.
Win win solution., to better secure the bread basket in DR

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Extend your imaginatoon a bit and consider the benefits of aquaculture in a huge scale in RD . Fish protien is good for you.
The Huntsman Marine Science center of Saint Andrews by the Sea, New Brunswick. Canada had an international aquaculture program. Reason why Chile is big in Atlantic Salmon aquaculture. Also tropical species aquaculture. In the Solomon Islands.
Big business for domestic and export ... lots of process jobs. Full training for Technologists.
Win win solution., to better secure the bread basket in DR
Excellent idea. A dozen years ago I had an opportunity to spead a week in Equador where I saw, smelled, toured, the shrimp operation of aquaculture in that country.

Reactions: Russell

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The trick is to eliminate from the map China, Viet Nam, Thailand, and a few others that agree this is a good idea. LOL

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I think Talapia (?) Is grown in Florida for local and export business.