Pre fabricated US Steel bldg in Sto Dgo, DR

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
he probably bought it prefabricated and have to be put together like the pic shown. that would be a nice building on some land

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
These are fun to assemble, like a kid's erector set. My brothers and I did these for about a year.
Der Fish

You are correct Der Fish. I have all the parts and nuts and bolts. My uncle tells me that you put it together and then if you want to you weld it for extra strength.

For those of you interested... Please click on the link on the original post for pics and measurements. Send me a PM if interested.

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
Specs: 26' (L) x 16' (w) x 12' (h)

Price: below fair market value (neg)

If you on the US Steel website click on Product link on top then click on shop/garage you will see different pics and models. I'm selling Type A. As I mentioned above, you do not have to worry about shipping cost.

PM me for more info, contact number...

May 29, 2006
If you're going to do one, you should pour a slab or at least a perimeter. They can be very secure, but I'd worry about the temp if it was in the sun. I did a 20x40 storage unit a couple years back. You can put them together with not much more than a portable drill and plenty of battery power. Drilling the anchor bolts to the slab is the hardest part. The biggest problem in the DR would be you'd have to keep the site secure while building it.

Is it palletized?

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
If you're going to do one, you should pour a slab or at least a perimeter. They can be very secure, but I'd worry about the temp if it was in the sun. I did a 20x40 storage unit a couple years back. You can put them together with not much more than a portable drill and plenty of battery power. Drilling the anchor bolts to the slab is the hardest part. The biggest problem in the DR would be you'd have to keep the site secure while building it.

Is it palletized?

I had it palletized but I un-palletized it for easy of loading/unloading. It was very easy to unload one sheet at a time. Manual labor in DR is not that expensive. I can work out a deal that includes shipping from current location in Sto Dgo to.... Or put you in touch with someone to transport to...

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
User has classified ad :)

I do have a classified Ad but to tell the truth, 1st) I do not have info in the Ad; 2nd) I did not find the classified Ad section to be too friendly. And by that I mean, the Ads do not display without the user doing a search.

In any event, I'm getting some hits. Don't be shy, make me an offer.

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
Actually one use for it would be as a temp secure warehouse for building a bigger project..

It would be perfect to store tools, a qua, motorcycle, car, really anything and what's best it's that it under one roof outside the main house. Some people even use it as living quarters. The build inner walls to insulate it from the sun. Plus it can sustain up to 70mile winds. If I do not find a buyer I might just keep it and take to the campo, which was the original idea, and use as a barn/storage.

Yup, like building a house..... easy for the watchyman to handle... and reusable

Another great idea. Move it to where you need it as the need arises. These things are great.

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
Specs: 26' (L) x 16' (w) x 12' (h)

Price: below fair market value (neg)

It is perfect to store tools, a motorcycle, a car... Some people even use it as living quarters. Plus it can sustain up to 70 mph winds.

Un-palletized it for easy of loading/unloading. It was very easy to unload one sheet at a time.

I can work out a deal that includes shipping from current location in Sto Dgo to.... Or put you in touch with someone to transport to...