Looking for a female Golden Retriever to mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
I have a male Golden Retriever which I brought from the States and I want to mate him with a female. Anyone know anyone that has one? I live in Santiago. Cheers.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
There are plenty of horny local dogs that would produce a beautiful Golden Lata.
Why does it have to be a Golden Retriever?
It just breaks my heart reading these threads.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Golden Retrievers are very friendly, family dogs. It isn't a crime to society to want to mate a pure breed dog, is it? Apart from having a GT I also have a mixed breed dog (bira lata).

May 5, 2007
Golden retrievers are wonderful dogs. My fav dog that died right before I moved here was a golden.
I personally do find it a crime to bring more dogs into a world when thousands are sitting in a shelter.
There are many other great dogs out there.

Couple good things about purebreds: You usually have a very good idea what the puppies will grow to be conformation and temperament, and very few purebreds end up abandoned or in shelters Police and military could never afford to expend the training on necessary dogs if they didn't know what they would grow up to be

It is nice to hear about shelter dogs getting a second chance though

My family always had Dobermans, loved them but unfortunately most African Americans had this fear of Dobes and GSD's instilled from movies, books and police actions of the 50'sd-60's In school many of my contemporaries flat out refused to come to my house because of the dogs, thought I might have to resort to the old "porkchop around the neck" thing to get even the dogs to play with me

Had always thought if I had the money and a huge farm I would start a shelter, no a retirement home for any dogs that were homeless. Idealistic and simplistic, even "girly manish" I am sure but it would be great, maybe even a few abandoned horses and a feline or two :rambo:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
ID, I've had a lifelong fear of Dobes and rotties, no idea why. Always liked German Shepherds, even after I was attacked by one when I was about 20 [thank god it was winter and I was wearing a heavy Navy Pea Coat with the collar up, and it couldn't get its teeth through the wool at my neck].

I got over my fear of rotties because my mother-in-law in Santo Domingo always had them. We have one at our house in DR, and I adore him. Unfortunately, he was attacked with a machete on Sunday [we don't know the circumstances, caretaker found him after the fact]; he has been stitched up and medicated, lost a lot of blood. We presume the big guy was defending his territory from an intruder, but don't know.

I understand the OP wanting a pup from his dog - he's given a stray a home too!

May 29, 2006
Great breed of dog. I had one for a year when I was a kid as a "Seeing Eye Dog In Training."

My only issue with purebreds is that with all of the puppy mills, there is a huge amount of inbreeding and genetic problems. Shouldn't be a problem in the DR. For some reason, the industry is dominated by the Amish, who have inbreeding problems of their own.

OP how does your Golden deal with the heat here? I was planning on bringing mine until he died but always thought he would be really hot!
I am glad there aren't many Golden's here because I feel sick to my stomach every time I see one. My one eye Golden was my best friend.

AE I have a fear of only Doberman's and have no idea why! Maybe because I've never really known one?! It's odd though.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
My family always had Dobermans, loved them but unfortunately most African Americans had this fear of Dobes and GSD's instilled from movies, books and police actions of the 50'sd-60's In school many of my contemporaries flat out refused to come to my house because of the dogs, thought I might have to resort to the old "porkchop around the neck" thing to get even the dogs to play with me

Actually, I must have been watching those same movies and reading those same books. I also have an unusual fear of dobermans.
But then again, I'm admittedly a little uncomfortable around most big, strong dogs.
I like them a little smaller.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Many people fear Doberman's - that's the point most often.

@Harley.... my friend has an Akita here - they adapt to the heat.... dogs are dogs, they survive.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
OP how does your Golden deal with the heat here? I was planning on bringing mine until he died but always thought he would be really hot!
I am glad there aren't many Golden's here because I feel sick to my stomach every time I see one. My one eye Golden was my best friend.

AE I have a fear of only Doberman's and have no idea why! Maybe because I've never really known one?! It's odd though.

He's taking it pretty well. I always keep fresh water out for him, I see him rolling and laying on the grass a lot which I assume is his way of staying fresh.

I had a Chocolate Lab which died about 2 years ago of a heart tumor. He was 5. He loved the water; I had a plastic kids pool for him, I would fill it and he would lay in there for a couple of minutes. it was so funny.

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
There are plenty of horny local dogs that would produce a beautiful Golden Lata.
Why does it have to be a Golden Retriever?
It just breaks my heart reading these threads.

Please why mix breeds and make more viera latas, its bad for the breed, enough monsters on the street allready

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Please why mix breeds and make more viera latas, its bad for the breed, enough monsters on the street allready

Monsters?

Dominican vira latas are some of the nicest dogs on the planet.

I have a six month old in my home I'm putting up for adoption.

=================

You lookin' at me?

ilzpcy.jpg

Here's the thread I started:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/138047-puppy-trafficking-october.html#post1328882

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Ive seen nice doggs too, but sometimes you come across freaks of nature though. Great that you have provided a good home for some these doggs.

mainegal

May 22, 2012
What's bad for any breed is folks that will breed indiscriminately without any health testing first of both the sire and bitch. Goldens are prone to hip dysplasia, heart problems and congenital eye defects. That's irresponsible breeding, just as bad as any puppy mill and basically the same.
Obviously I'm a huge dog lover, my husband and I have a Bouvier des Flanders, purchased from a reputable breeder and a Pug/Pom mix we took in a month ago as a rescue.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
When I "Come Back To Life", I want to be a "Vira Lata" living in "Celt2's" house!!!!!!
"Hi "DAD", it's me!
My name is "Lucky" now.
I'm "lucky" because you loved me, even though I most likely will never earn a "Best-In-Show" award.
But I have won a "Best New Friend" at "CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCs" home.
I have 5 Doggies here to show me the "Ropes" .
Thank you, we are BFFL!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC has been showing me some "Tricks".
I can now open the door to his wife's bedroom, and take a crap beside her bed!!
I know she likes that too.
I hear her scream with delight, every time she gets out of bed!!!
"Hconcience", anyone who believes that how a dog "Looks" is more important to how they love, is NOT a "Dog Lover"!!!!
Therefore, probably not much of a "People Lover" either!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well Lisa, you are in luck. There is a Vet Doctor here is Santiago, graduated in the US who has one. I will establish contact and see what can be arranged for you.

TTYL

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.