Text With DR Phone Using Your Computer

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There were some apps that worked for free for a short time to DR Cell phones, but I have not seen any that work for months now. Do Viber and Whatsapp both send texts to DR cell phones for free?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
How do you use whatsapp on your computer? I have it on my iphone.. Havent seen an app for my ipad or computer.. Whatsapp uses push notification so its great with wifi..

There is another app called whereismyhigueychica you should try out, works on Android and iOs.

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
Can you text to any number with these apps from computer using your cell phone number?

Viber requires the other person to have the app installed on their phone. Same goes for WhatsApp.

Pinger lets you register a US-based number and send/receive text messages to it. The other person would need to do the same.

As far as I'm aware of, none of these apps do PC-to-phone messaging.

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
Do Viber and Whatsapp both send texts to DR cell phones for free?

Pinger lets you send to certain countries for free, but DR is not one of them.

I think it costs extra for Claro and Orange Dominicana customers to receive text and MMS as it is, so it's a good incentive to switch to a free app for that.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
The amount of money I've saved calling the DR in the past year paid off the smartphone I had to purchase for this purpose. :)