Hotel facilities in Santo Domingo

gas

Jul 28, 2013
As mentioned in another thread, I'll be in Santo Domingo for a week. And according to at least one person, I might die there. -) But I digress.

I'll be renting an apartment. I'd like to use the facilities, i.e., swimming pool & gym, at a hotel or another place. Do hotels generally offer passes for this? If so, which ones are the best to go to for this? I'll be staying a block from the Jaragua and would like to stay in the area.

And not that I would ever do such a thing, but what's to prevent someone from walking into one of the larger hotels, acting as if they belong, and using the facilities? A very hypothetical question.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
As mentioned in another thread, I'll be in Santo Domingo for a week. And according to at least one person, I might die there. -) But I digress.

I'll be renting an apartment. I'd like to use the facilities, i.e., swimming pool & gym, at a hotel or another place. Do hotels generally offer passes for this? If so, which ones are the best to go to for this? I'll be staying a block from the Jaragua and would like to stay in the area.

And not that I would ever do such a thing, but what's to prevent someone from walking into one of the larger hotels, acting as if they belong, and using the facilities? A very hypothetical question.

I guess you mean Day Pass, some hotels has Day pass where you can use the pool and lunch at the buffe at noon, If im not wrongo Hotel Napolitano en the malecon you can do that and also Hotel el Embajador, dont know the prices of if you can use the gym.

Im sure you wont die here, but as a warning to prevent be robbed do not walk at nights in dark strees or use spensive jewelry.