50" LED HDTV for $399.99 US

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
GREAT deal but it is refubished.

Not a problem for me as I do buy refurbished when the price is good and I am familiar with the brand.

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Wow but how much to ship it here!!!!

Check Montero and Awilda for that. Probably about the same as the price , or about $400.
Can you get a 50 inch LED TV here for $800? I suspect the cost is MUCH higher than that.

I think of it this way. A refurbished set has already had it's infant mortality failure and been repaired to manufacturers specs. And TigerDirect is a reputable on line retailer.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Check Montero and Awilda for that. Probably about the same as the price , or about $400.
Can you get a 50 inch LED TV here for $800? I suspect the cost is MUCH higher than that.

I think of it this way. A refurbished set has already had it's infant mortality failure and been repaired to manufacturers specs. And TigerDirect is a reputable on line retailer.

One call to Awilda (Jessica) will give a price

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Its a good price but when you try to ship it to Dominican they will kill your good price and at the end the price of TV + Shipping will be the same as you buy a 50" TV here in Dominican.

How much is a 50 inch LED TV here?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Windy,
you & I have done this before.... given the right price on a TV, adding the shipping still pays off.

My 32" LED TV was the example you used..... plus all my other crap.... still paid off in spades

Trick is to buy the appliance right in the US

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Windy,
you & I have done this before.... given the right price on a TV, adding the shipping still pays off.

My 32" LED TV was the example you used..... plus all my other crap.... still paid off in spades

My brother was planning to buy also 32" TV in USA and shipp to Dominican, actually prices here are arround 20,000.00 Dominican pesos, when he asked how much will cost the shipment, the cost was almost the same than buying here.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Windy,

My brother was planning to buy also 32" TV in USA and shipp to Dominican, actually prices here are arround 20,000.00 Dominican pesos, when he asked how much will cost the shipment, the cost was almost the same than buying here.

Agreed WW if the circumstances remain that the prices are still 3X what a similar model can be had for in the US.

20,000 pesos for a 32 inch TV is $472, while there are special sales in the US for $199 for a 32 inch TV. With the price in the US continually going down, but I am not sure what DR prices are doing.

For larger TVs I have seen absolutely ridiculous prices in the DR compared to the US. (not that $472 vs $199 isn't already ridiculous).

Last edited:

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Agreed WW if the circumstances remain that the prices are still 3X what a similar model can be had for in the US.

20,000 pesos for a 32 inch TV is $472, while there are special sales in the US for $199 for a 32 inch TV. With the price in the US continually going down, but I am not sure what DR prices are doing.

For larger TVs I have seen absolutely ridiculous prices in the DR compared to the US. (not that $472 vs $199 isn't already ridiculous).

Im agree with you, I think they know how much will be the charge for shipments and add it to the real retail price in Dominican, so you dont have options.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
AND, your garentee will be honored where here?????
Today's "Diario Libre" has a lot of big screen, full HD, LED,1080 TVs for sale.
Check the add on the back page of the "Want Adds" section too!
I can save you the entire cost of a 40, or 50 inch Big Screen TV!!!!
Sit about 2 ft. away from a Small Screen TV!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Oh, come on Cologne.... we AND YOU have all talked about how useless the RD guarantees are..

Zip, zero, zilch is what they're worth.
Now you try to to uphold them ??

Raise your hand if you have had a TV fail in the past 4 yrs.

False economy.....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
AND, your garentee will be honored where here?????
Today's "Diario Libre" has a lot of big screen, full HD, LED,1080 TVs for sale.
Check the add on the back page of the "Want Adds" section too!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I am a risk taker. I bet that a warranty is not needed when I buy from the US. It has not proven to be a big issue.

As for the ads on Diario Libre, for some reason they don't show up in the on line version of the publication and almost all of the stores in the DR have useless web sites for finding out information about what they sell.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
MY 29" TV broke after about 6 months, "Plaza Lama" fixed it for me.
That, WAS, ONLY, about 15 years ago.
I still use it everyday.
You can get TV's here at prices much less than from the USA when you add in the shipping costs.
But then, I can still get rice for 15 pesos a pound, and I get my 5 gal.bottles of water for 20 pesos, including "Pick-up?, AND, "Delivery"!!
"BUTT", Then, I can STILL get laid for 500 pesos.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

May 5, 2007

Just from personal experience" about a year ago I bought a 42" Hisense to hang on Bedroom wall, three replacements later I now have to take dam thing down and exchange for something else

each and every unit I had gradually developed audio issues, usually requiring 2-3 "re-boots" to get rid of either garbled audio or none at all. Tried straight from box and replaced cable box, definitely TV itself

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just from personal experience" about a year ago I bought a 42" Hisense to hang on Bedroom wall, three replacements later I now have to take dam thing down and exchange for something else

each and every unit I had gradually developed audio issues, usually requiring 2-3 "re-boots" to get rid of either garbled audio or none at all. Tried straight from box and replaced cable box, definitely TV itself

For you at that time a HiSense made NoSense at all.