Looking for a Jeepeta or jeepetica

artistdani

Mar 13, 2012
I am looking to purchase a small Jeepeta, older model, around 2005-2007, with good track record. Japanese or Korean model, gasoline or diesel no propane. Good maintenance history. real lower mileage is good! I am currently looking at Hyundai or Toyota.

Any recommendations for a specific dealer on the north coast or a lead on an expat-maintained vehicle? I know about car fax and will check the history of the car. Once I have narrowed down to 2-3 vehicles I will come back here for recommendation on a good mechanic for checking the jeepeta.

I followed the threads started by jeanchris and dv8. Suggestions and advise are welcome!

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
you narrowed your field to only those that have been imported from the USA, as those are the only ones you will find on CarFax.

artistdani

Mar 13, 2012
Correct. In fact I saw a Suzuki Gran Vitara this afternoon in POP. Was bought here and maintained here at the dealer. I am told all service records are available. It looked good but the asking price seemed a bit steep but I am only starting my search. I have to get used to the sticker shock of the DR. I keep looking.
When I sold my Volvo in canada I had all the maintenance records. That was a big plus for the buyer.

By the way I am looking for a 4 cylinders.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
suzuki grand vitara is a neat little car.
but if i were you i would change the search a bit. toyota rav4 and honda crv are the most popular brands. they have great resale value but also they are expensive. i would set those two brands aside, unless you have enough money and focus on hyundai, suzuki, kia.