Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a Jeepeta or jeepetica

I am looking to purchase a small Jeepeta, older model, around 2005-2007, with good track record. Japanese or Korean model, gasoline or diesel no propane. Good maintenance history. real lower mileage is good! I am currently looking at Hyundai or Toyota.

Any recommendations for a specific dealer on the north coast or a lead on an expat-maintained vehicle? I know about car fax and will check the history of the car. Once I have narrowed down to 2-3 vehicles I will come back here for recommendation on a good mechanic for checking the jeepeta.

I followed the threads started by jeanchris and dv8. Suggestions and advise are welcome!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

you narrowed your field to only those that have been imported from the USA, as those are the only ones you will find on CarFax.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Correct. In fact I saw a Suzuki Gran Vitara this afternoon in POP. Was bought here and maintained here at the dealer. I am told all service records are available. It looked good but the asking price seemed a bit steep but I am only starting my search. I have to get used to the sticker shock of the DR. I keep looking.
    When I sold my Volvo in canada I had all the maintenance records. That was a big plus for the buyer.

By the way I am looking for a 4 cylinders.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

suzuki grand vitara is a neat little car.
    but if i were you i would change the search a bit. toyota rav4 and honda crv are the most popular brands. they have great resale value but also they are expensive. i would set those two brands aside, unless you have enough money and focus on hyundai, suzuki, kia.

5. Likes artistdani liked this post