Dominicans at mlb what's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It's just a post, to increase their post count!
There are Dominicans playing in the NBA, and NFL right now!
FIFA, Dominicanos don't have "Foot/Eye" coordination.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
can you flesh out your posting so i understand what you care to discuss?

anyone living in DR knows what Barrick Gold Corp. does... do you?

gold = trophy = $

dominican players are digging a lot of $ at MLB

will they make it also at NBA and soccer?

capiche? :disappoin:confused::rolleyes:

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
foot/eye coordination?

What about hand/eye coordination? [MLB]

If they see $ at NBA, NFL, FIFA, soccer, ... it will be a matter of time, it takes practice, discipline, like for MLB or anything else.
DR gov will support players, gov see sports as a way to achive higher international profile

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
It's just a post, to increase their post count!
There are Dominicans playing in the NBA, and NFL right now!
FIFA, Dominicanos don't have "Foot/Eye" coordination.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

post count?

no, not when somebody keeps an eye on everything going around, is interested in more than sex, can type fast with "10 fingers", without looking at the keyboard, think and react fast, does not care what other think or say/type/post about her/him, is interested in sharing, and does not waste time bashing at every oppotunity, can shoot from the hip if required, like to get his/her mind off -momentarily- daily routine/task to stimulate the mind, like a coffe break every so often, takes orders from nobody so can take coffee breaks as long as he/she wants

enough!

oh, forgot the initial mind triggering piece of info to start this thread

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Whats up on the brazil world cup?? Has dr ever qualified? Dont think I ve seen soccer pitches here.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Whats up on the brazil world cup?? Has dr ever qualified? Dont think I ve seen soccer pitches here.

Three soccer pitches here at the Catholic school in Jarabacoa. Soccer isn't big, but there are many people that play, there are futbol clubs, and several Dominicans playing professional soccer overseas.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Three soccer pitches here at the Catholic school in Jarabacoa. Soccer isn't big, but there are many people that play, there are futbol clubs, and several Dominicans playing professional soccer overseas.

basically semi pro. nobody playing for any team any football fan follows. but we know there are several Maradonas in Jarabacoa.

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
This is a post from a guy trying to get his post count up. My life long dream is only a few hundred posts away.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The other day I saw people playing soccer, they were Haitians.
Apparently they have a better eye/foot combination than Dominicans.
Then again Haitian women also have cocomordan. ;)

Haiti has traditionally been pretty good at football. the DR cannot get out of its own way. that is bizarre, because it is the only Latin American country i can think of that cannot play the game, and has no interest in it. in places like Argentina, and Mexico, and just about all others, it is lifeblood.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Nothing bizarre about that...the sports were brought by whomever had the biggest influence in the island. In the DR, Puerto Rico and Cuba that was The US...Reason why we play Baseball whereas Haitians, Jamaicans, etc...play soccer...and why nowadays you're starting to see Dominicans appear in The NBA or even the NFL. If there was interest in Soccer Dominicans could be just as good as anyone, but just like in The US it is just not a sport with a big following and I don't think will ever be.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Nothing bizarre about that...the sports were brought by whomever had the biggest influence in the island. In the DR, Puerto Rico and Cuba that was The US...Reason why we play Baseball whereas Haitians, Jamaicans, etc...play soccer...and why nowadays you're starting to see Dominicans appear in The NBA or even the NFL. If there was interest in Soccer Dominicans could be just as good as anyone, but just like in The US it is just not a sport with a big following and I don't think will ever be.

i agree, but the US has had a lot of influence in places like Panama, and football is still king there.

Status
Not open for further replies.