carbon found in puerto plata province

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
For clarification my American ears prefer "coal" as a translation in this case, unless it was a big stash of "charcoal".

Thanks for posting. Should be interesting to see what comes of it.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
In addition to the motos and car fumes we will now have everyone burning cheap/free coal for cooking and heating, imagine the air quality then.... !?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Mr. AE says "Ah! I bet they knew about that a long time ago, and it's just being publicized now. It's why they're buying two coal power plants."

hmmmmmmm.......

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Which is not difficult to figure out ;)

at least you have to give them A for effort. went to the local super-colmado today, to quench an urge i had to try a piece of salami with my breakfast eggs. told the guy to give me the best they had. Don Pedro; 135 pesos per lb.

he cuts me a half a pound, and puts the price on a little red sticky. 195 pesos. i ask him how can half a pound cost 60 pesos more than an entire pound.

sorry; i made a mistake, he says. yes, even when the machine calculated the price for you.

gringos are supposed to fall for those scams , because they are dumb...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
In addition to the motos and car fumes we will now have everyone burning cheap/free coal for cooking and heating, imagine the air quality then.... !?

the poor are already using charcoal for cooking. and the general situation will be no different whether they'd burn petrol or coal as generator fuel.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Off topic posts have been removed, the usual culprits at it AGAIN. Next time it happens in one of my forums, there will be infractions.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Coal is dirty fuel but so is bunker C. For a country like the DR a energy resource like coal is a godsend because they have no other sources other than limited hydro and wind. Colombia has huge coal resources available at relatively cheap prices for the DR. Perhaps coal plants are not a bad idea.

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
Exactly, Bob. Affordable energy is the key to a prosperous society. And the exact reason why america is in the position it is in now(higher energy cost=longer recession.) Who cares if there is great big whole in the earth? I certainly wouldn't want to have to spend my days gathering wood to boil water that i carried from the freaking river every day. That would suck. Enviromentalists need to think long and hard about the consequences of their agenda.

I would be interested to know how long they can energize the country with their current discovery. Sorry, im a lazy ass today so i didnt read the whole article.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
and today la zeta reports that minera unijika SRL has no permission to do any work regarding coal in POP area:
Z 101

i did a quick search for unijika and came up with nothing apart from articles in dominican press. have we been fooled?