DSL and T1 on north coast?

G

George

Where do I start looking for a t1 prefer or dsl on the north coast @ Cabarete?

D

DR1

*** www.codetel.net.do ***

T1 is around US$13,000/month excluding local loop costs.
Having a monopoly equals ridiculous pricing!

http://www.codetel.net.do/ofertas/ldedicad.htm

Take a look at the codetel site for Flash pricing.
All depends on the spend you want and if it's for home or business use.

Rob.

B

B

Hi George,
I am looking for the same access. The only thing I have seen that works is starband. If you find anything else.... e-mail me.... I am still looking for north coast access.
b

M

Marilyn

Re: *** www.codetel.net.do ***

If it's for home use, I wouldn't recommend a T1, too much bandwith and too expensive, a DSL is more than enough, even for a business a T1 is too much unless you have a need for bandwith, like having a network or an internet business...

G

George

As Rob said T1 is 1300.00 and up. This is only 1000.00 more than here, I thought it would be a bit more but this is a total act of theft. I was looknig into this for a live video broadcast. Anyone have information on just how much band width it will take for this type of setup? I have been told DSL is not enough to do this with. Has anyone here used DSL in the DR and does it have a good support system? Any problems i should know of in the DR using this type service?
Thank you all for the help.
Have a great day.

B

Bill

If you are in Sosua or Cabarete, try WirelessWave at 571-0252. They offer wireless service at guaranteed 128kbs. Not yet available on Puerto Plata.

I have not used their service so this is not a recommendation only information.

The website www.wirelesswave.com.do is currently under reconstruction.

D

DR1

Some answers....

As Rob said T1 is 1300.00 and up. This is only 1000.00 more than here, I thought it would be a bit more but this is a total act of theft.
T1 is around US$13,000/month (3 zeros) excluding local loop costs.
A total rip off!

I was looking into this for a live video broadcast.
Why would you ever want to serve live video from the DR?
Then again, it all depends on what type of video you are intending to serve?

Anyone have information on just how much band width it will take for this type of setup?
Depends on what type of video you are intending to stream? What bit rate and what field size? What customer base? What format etc etc etc?
You question is too broad to give you a specific answer.

I have been told DSL is not enough to do this with.
Has anyone here used DSL in the DR and does it have a good support system?
We have been using DSL for around 3 years, at first it was all over the place, but now it's much better on the uptime and support. It's offered at 5 different bit rates

http://www.codetel.net.do/flash/requerimientos.htm

Rob.

K

KenDP

I live in Sosua and have DSL from Codetel. I am on the "Flash" plan. So far, very pleased with the service. Certainly much faster than previous dialup. Also, our single phone line can be used by my wife to make calls while I am on the computer.