Wanted : restaurant, bar, ....

Stephluvstephan

Oct 14, 2013
Searching a bar/restaurant/club/any business in Cabarete/Sosua to manage/take over/rent/take over rental contract/..... Business can be open or closed.......Any propositions ?
Please send a mail to

Last edited by a moderator:
May 29, 2006
The problem isn't simply competency. Rents are based on demand(which is high due to wannabes), not sound business models. It's also the wrong time of year to be looking. Try an abandoned spot in July or early August. There's no negotiating now for a reasonable rent.

Stephluvstephan

Oct 14, 2013
I do know its not the right moment, becaus high saison starts, but I just need a place where I can do my hobby....running a restaurant ...keeping myself busy. I see it as a hobby, if i pay to much rent, i'm fine with that.....if i just run break even, I'm fine with that also......any propositions ?

May 29, 2006
I went to Sosua scouting locations in early Oct about ten years ago. Took me five months to find a place to come down to $300/month to sublet a kitchen from a bar owner and then the jackass screwed me over. I was basically sitting on the site in low season and then the guy I was renting from found another tenant that would pay more, shut my water off and skipped town for a month. When he came back, he said my lease didn't say running water and that I was screwed. Even if I could have taken him to court, it would have taken months and he knew what hands to grease. I'm just glad I didn't spend some real money getting the place completely renovated. I think he was paying $800 for both sides and it was across the street from Rocky's. He's long gone now and I have no idea what happened to the site.

Stephluvstephan

Oct 14, 2013
Sublet is always a problem.....this i definately would not consider. My budget, for monthly rent, depending on where the business is located, how it is equipped, ....etc.....is between $500 and $2500 for a prime location

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Sublet is always a problem.....this i definately would not consider. My budget, for monthly rent, depending on where the business is located, how it is equipped, ....etc.....is between $500 and $2500 for a prime location

Have you ever owned a restaurant before, I assume you are fluent in Spanish?

Seems no one really knows anything concrete for rent or take over ?

I can think of 8 available spaces for sale/rent, sounds like you are too lazy to succeed if you can't walk down Pedro Clisante with a notebook and pen.

Last edited:

Stephluvstephan

Oct 14, 2013
We owned and managed several high end restaurants and hotels worldwide. Retired and just want to keep myself busy with a high end french cuisine. Yes, I do speak Spanish, French, German, Dutch, italian and English. Not interested in anything for rent in pedro clisante. I don't think the customers of PC will appreciate my cuisine

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
We owned and managed several high end restaurants and hotels worldwide. Retired and just want to keep myself busy with a high end french cuisine. Yes, I do speak Spanish, French, German, Dutch, italian and English. Not interested in anything for rent in pedro clisante. I don't think the customers of PC will appreciate my cuisine

lack?a?dai?si?cal

/ˌlakəˈdāzikəl/

adjective

adjective: lackadaisical

lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy.

"a lackadaisical defense left the Spurs adrift in the second half"

synonyms: lethargic, apathetic, listless, sluggish, spiritless, passionless;

RECIPE FOR FAILURE,

Your idea of retirement is working and overseeing your venture 12 hours a day....(At least)

And dealing with all the BULLSH-T, just to stay afloat, never mind making a small profit, IN THIS COUNTRY????

It's your time and money,

I wish you the best.......

Last edited:

Stephluvstephan

Oct 14, 2013
Thanks rice and beans.......correct, it's my time and money, and I have a lot of both ......and definafely will not eat and serve rice and beans. My hobby is cooking, so what is the problem. Each hobby cost money. I prefer to cook and let people discover
High end food and wines at a reasonable price. I hope some people can appreciate this above whores and beer. Seems that it's difficult to talk to intelligent people and get intelligent positive feedback in this forum.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
There are at least half a dozen available spots in Cabarete...any spot that's operating isn't worth taking over...any spot that's empty is easy to find out the info. Of all the spots in Cabarete with the most potential for something special, I'd say check out Tropicoco - they've been closed over a year, although the sign says they plan on re-opening, I doubt it's happening any time soon...

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012

Have you ever considered the Santiago area?? There is a lot of people with disposable income. People spend a lot of coin wining and dining.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Thanks rice and beans.......correct, it's my time and money, and I have a lot of both ......and definafely will not eat and serve rice and beans. My hobby is cooking, so what is the problem. Each hobby cost money. I prefer to cook and let people discover
High end food and wines at a reasonable price. I hope some people can appreciate this above whores and beer. Seems that it's difficult to talk to intelligent people and get intelligent positive feedback in this forum....

Just an opinion,

It's not all about positive feedback, you need the negative feedback,

It's about balance, and then you make a decision,

You don't make a decision like that with everyone patting you on the back, and EVERYONE giving you positive feedback,

Take your nose out of the air, and come back to earth,

And DON'T eva say that to a Dominican...... "will not eat and serve rice and beans."

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said before RECIPE FOR FAILURE

But I still wish you the best.........

Have a great day......

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
High end food and wines at a reasonable price. I hope some people can appreciate this above whores and beer. Seems that it's difficult to talk to intelligent people and get intelligent positive feedback in this forum.

you have the luxury of being independently wealthy, so making money will not be an issue. since you have "lots of money", why not build something from the ground up? that would be really hobby mode. recycled businesses always seem to have issues. as a poster suggested, Santiago will be your best bet. more discretionary income available there.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I hope some people can appreciate this above whores and beer.

That's just plain mean...

Seriously though, I would suggest concentrating on finding a small place west side of Sosua or between sosua and Cab. Market some flyers to the more high end developments. And start out real small, two or three tables. You never know.