Self raising flour

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my two bets would be la sirena in POP and playero in sosua. in la sirena do not look at flour section, useless. go to the health food section. there is a large choice of stuff there, including almond and potato flours, bread mixes and other specialty foods. maybe you can find some organic version of what you are looking for.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Speaking of health foods, I bought almond flour and coconut flour at Walmart.
Going to bake an almond cake that calls for the addition of coconut flour which
is unusual.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i forgot to add that addition of flours in health food section in la sirena is fairly new. so they now sell stuff they did not have a while ago.

almond coconut cake sounds great! sadly i cannot bake to save my life :(

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
i forgot to add that addition of flours in health food section in la sirena is fairly new. so they now sell stuff they did not have a while ago.

Dv8, this will be my first time trying it out, I will let you know how it tastes.;) When I saw the recipe
I decided to try it out because it's unusual.I hope it's not a flop.:D

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
For self rising flour:

For each cup of all-purpose flour, add 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.

Works perfectly.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Derfish, it's not the same thing. With self rising flour you can make biscuits, cakes, pancakes,
quick breads etc. But pancake mixes in addition to flour, baking powder and salt contain powdered
eggs and powdered milk.Some pancake mixes contain cornmeal.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic

hey, baking is quite simple and fun if you follow the rules.........making your own cakes and bread is very rewarding.