HELP with getting music system to Santo Domingo!! ;-(

CMercedes

Jun 28, 2013
www.Bailaconpasion.com
Hi guys...
I hope everyone is well.

I have a question about shipping a very expensive BOSE music system to Santo Domingo. I was trying to use our CPS account as that has worked well for smaller less expensive things but I have run into many issues with them. They are requiring us to provide an invoice or receipt for they system however we do not have an invoice or receipt as it was given to us as a gift. We can't reach the person that gave it to us to get the receipt (not only that but how odd would that be?!) I asked CPS if we could print out the exact system being sold now at Best Buy and they said no...it MUST be the original receipt or they won't ship it for us even though the system was just purchased this past July.

We cannot get the original receipt....period. I can't take it on the plane with me because I can't check it - I will never see it again and they wont insure anything over $5000.00 even if you pay for insurance and the carry on bags that I have must be in the cabin with me. It is not that large....maybe a little larger than a large laptop bag but it is heavy. If I ship it the box would likely be about 24x24x24 including the packing to keep it protected.

HELP! I contacted UPS and they want to charge me $700.00 to ship it direct. YIKES! Can anyone provide another option? Ideas?

Thanks.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Contact a Dominican Door to Door shipper like Montero or Awilda. Pack the system into a barrel or a box and have it sent down as household items. Probably cost about $150 US.

(And Remember "Bose - No Highs - No Lows"... )

CMercedes

Jun 28, 2013
www.Bailaconpasion.com
William..... wow....this is great! I will call them right away. I need to get this shipped asap along with a few other things. Maybe I can even ship them all together. THAT would be awesome!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
you need to get your goods to them (UPS, etc) or if in the greater NYC - tri-state area, they pick up.

once they see it - they give you a price - all in, door to door

after about 3 weeks, it arrives at your RD door

Pack it well, keep a list of the contents ......... done

pay in advance or on delivery

CMercedes

Jun 28, 2013
www.Bailaconpasion.com
Thank you William but I just talked to someone at Awilda and Jessica no longer works there. There is no one that there that can understand English well, I did try to speak to her in Spanish but she still did not understand me (very likely my fault!). I also can't just blindly send them my packages though not knowing what the cost will be to send to Santo Domingo. They could charge me $5000.00 once they get my packages! lol ;-)

Have you ever used Montero and do you know if there is someone there that speaks English? I would need know at least an approximate cost so that I know what to be expecting before I send my packages to them. I really want to use one of these companies if possible.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Try Montero-- I don't have a contact.

Ask Alter Ego... she has a good contact ... PM her

I usually go in person to Awlida... they give the price and I leave

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Ny area and FL are your best bets....

You'll make it..... use the search Rosa del Monte is another

search -- mudanza

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Contact a Dominican Door to Door shipper like Montero or Awilda. Pack the system into a barrel or a box and have it sent down as household items. Probably cost about $150 US.

(And Remember "Bose - No Highs - No Lows"... )

and even less midrange...