Faster Travel

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
It's a good program for those that will take the time to get it done.

My wife was INVITED to join during the set up stage. She filled out forms, did the interview in less then an hour and paid nothing. Perhaps that was due to that she was invited?

She LOVES it and she says that some other country's respect the "Pass" even though not set up for it but you have to ask questions and figure it out.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
TRust me - it is a life saver.....

worth every bit of effort needed to join.

Like your wife, Ringo - I was early and got in quickly/easily.

I suggested to my friend last May... he applied ,was interviewed and accepted by July 2 at JFK
Less than 2 months... not bad , I thought............... the lines are getting longer

RGLRM

Jun 25, 2013
Absolutely a great program. Saves a lot of time in lines. One of the few things the government did well

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
I've been enrolled in both Global Entry and the TSA Pre-Check "Trusted Traveler" programs since they were introduced.

Original enrollment in Global Entry took about two months to be processed (on-line form, then personal interview with fingerprinting, photo, etc, + $100 fee - good for 5 years).

When TSA "Trusted Traveler" came out, I was invited by my airlines frequent flyer program to enroll, and I did so on-line. By entering my "Known Traveler Passenger ID number" from the Global Entry program, it saved me another personal interview, and I was admitted into the program in about 2 days.

In short, they are the greatest thing to happen to travelers since the invention of the wheeled suitcase!

Oh, and my frequent flyer program (United) reimbursed me the $100 Global Entry fee (I believe you have to be Platinum or 1K for the reimbursement).

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
bouncing in and out of Miami, its a blessing. Totally worth the tome to obtain.

Dandman

May 17, 2004
I use both Global Entry and TSA Pre Check. If you are approved for Global Entry, then you are automatically enrolled in TSA Pre Check. Global Entry saves much time reentering the U.S. but sometimes a lenghty baggage retrieval time erases the time saved by skipping customs and immigrations. Also TSA Pre Check can not be used if you are booked on an international flight.

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
is it available for jetblue at JFK?

I suggested to my friend last May... he applied ,was interviewed and accepted by July 2 at JFK
Less than 2 months... not bad , I thought............... the lines are getting longer

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
is it available for jetblue at JFK?

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
I use both Global Entry and TSA Pre Check. If you are approved for Global Entry, then you are automatically enrolled in TSA Pre Check. Global Entry saves much time reentering the U.S. but sometimes a lenghty baggage retrieval time erases the time saved by skipping customs and immigrations. Also TSA Pre Check can not be used if you are booked on an international flight.

This is not necessarily true. For example, the Atlanta international terminal does not have a TSA precheck line, however if you are not checking in bags and you have your boarding pass, then you can use the TSA Precheck line the domestic terminal. I only check bags on rare occasions.

By the way, I have Gloabl Entry as well as TSA Precheck, two of the most valuable programs ever created by the government for international travelers. Highly recommended.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Unbelievable !!!!

I arrived Toronto y'day..... WestJet, POP-YYZ

Admittedly, the ramp was adjacent to the customs hall but........

I was on the curb in 7 minutes from the door opening.

OK,, Row 1.... first off (well 4th... A,B&C beat me)

Nexus kiosks empty.... eyeball scan, answer questions & walk out

Well worth it.....

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
This is not necessarily true. For example, the Atlanta international terminal does not have a TSA precheck line, however if you are not checking in bags and you have your boarding pass, then you can use the TSA Precheck line the domestic terminal. I only check bags on rare occasions.

By the way, I have Gloabl Entry as well as TSA Precheck, two of the most valuable programs ever created by the government for international travelers. Highly recommended.

An update to my original post. ATL does have precheck in the international terminal now.

Aug 6, 2006
I have not gone through any of this, but I frequently get waved into the fast lane at the TSA line. Perhaps they have reached the logical conclusion that after four round trips to the DR in 18 months, I am unlikely to engage in any act of terrorism. People of my age who look like me have never been identified as terrorists.

It makes little difference, because I still end up waiting to board the plane. I just spend a little bit more time waiting in a seated position.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
An update to my original post. ATL does have precheck in the international terminal now.

They certainly do, saves a bundle of time. The customs section in the new international terminal is laid out strangely, and can take non-connecting passengers quite a bit of time to get through.

They do offer pre-check through the domestic terminal.

Any way you look at it, Global Entry is a major improvement. Last time through MIA (which may have the worst lines this side of Dulles), I cleared customs in less than 10 min. An absolute first.