Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Budson View Post
    My passport expires at the end of the year so anticipating issue, I began the process early. Got my appointment at the SDQ consulate. Went in, didn't wait too long, told everything was ok. The next day I received a phone call stating that the "officer" needs transitional photos over the past 10 years because I do not look like my passport photo. The only difference is that I have lost a 10 pounds, lost all of what remaining hair I had, and grew a goatee. I have a cedula from 5 years ago which I look exactly as I do right now. Not good enough. I told them I have no other photos and I am expecting a call back to schedule a meeting to review. This business about transitional photos seems only to apply to children as per the State Dept website. This feels very much like a local requirement.

I am old enough to remember when being a US Citizen going into a US consulate actually mean something.....
    I was called by a nice person at the consulate. made an appointment to meet today. did not have to wait, she came out and called me from the masses. Spent 15 minutes talking. Showed here a few old ID's and everything is set. Will get my passport delivered to me at work in 2 weeks. I am pleasantly surprised.....

2. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

How did she get your name, and phone #???
    I trust it was not just a random call???
    What steps did you take to initiate the contact???
    Cris

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    How did she get your name, and phone #???
    I trust it was not just a random call???
    What steps did you take to initiate the contact???
    Cris
    She got my name and phone number from the application for the renewal. This was not random. One un the underlings decided I look too different from my passport and that I needed to come in and present transitional photos. I told her I didn't have anything other than some old expired driver licenses. She said that was no good and she would speak with her superior. Her superior called me a few days later to set up the meeting. Once she was involved the process became quick and congenial.

5. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    One more time. Avoid this place like the plague. There are other ways to renew US Passports. Do some research.
    Any other recommendation closer by? Hard to belive the consulate in s.d. is so bad i should spent 3-5k on gas to get to PP or Bavaro....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

GO TO PP FU..K....SD.... Merry Merry Quite Contrary.....

8. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I just do not understand all my dealings with the US consulate have been just fine, never complicated nor uncomfortable.

I have
    renewed passports
    registered my children born here
    applied for visa for wife
    had documents notarized

all good, no problems I think the processes are fair expedient and the people just great and doing a good job!

g'luck!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I renewed my passport in Santo Domingo a few years ago.

It was a smooth uncomplicated process.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Also never had a problem in SD.. have renewed passport, had documents notarized, had private meetings.. all very helpful and respectful. Cannot imagine what the complaints are about unless it is just about standing in line. Perhaps there are fewer people in Puerta Plata?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'l have to stop saying, "F#*K You A$$HOLE", when they ask me my name!
    I have had ONE great experience here in SD.
    When I registered my children's birth, got their Social Security #s, and their US passports.
    I was treated with professionalism, and courtesy at all times!
    The woman reminded me of a "Midwestern Farm Mom"!
    The other 20 times since 1986,I was treated with contempt, and a huge, "Holier Than Thou" attitude.
    AND, they treat the Dominicans much worse!
    They can't wait to get to "Capuchino's" for their 2 hour lunch, and back by 4 pm for "Cocktail Hour"!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123