And the Dominican paradox continues....

Mortalidad materna en República Dominicana - listindiario.com

SHALENA

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

RD con 173 muertes maternas  2011; van 30 en 2012

Some significant quotes from the article:

"En la mayoría se comprobó que hubo negligencia médica."

"La mortalidad materna ha sido impactada, sostienen las autoridades, pero todavía las madres siguen falleciendo en los hospitales por causas evitables."

"En casi todos los casos está involucrada la deficiencia en la calidad de los servicios por parte del personal de salud y de los centros."

"No es casualidad que compartamos el premio con Ruanda, Afganistán y Camboya, tres países extremadamente pobres y con sistemas deficientes."

SHALENA

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

not a good time for me to read this. my sis in law had c-section in the morning. private hospital but still the same crappy service.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKing View Post
    RD con 173 muertes maternas* 2011; van 30 en 2012

Some significant quotes from the article:

"En la mayoría se comprobó que hubo negligencia médica."

"La mortalidad materna ha sido impactada, sostienen las autoridades, pero todavía las madres siguen falleciendo en los hospitales por causas evitables."

"En casi todos los casos está involucrada la deficiencia en la calidad de los servicios por parte del personal de salud y de los centros."

"No es casualidad que compartamos el premio con Ruanda, Afganistán y Camboya, tres países extremadamente pobres y con sistemas deficientes."

SHALENA
    Has anyone ever visited a public hospital. The animals in a slaughter house get better treatement. Blood all over the place,bathroom, floors walls filthy, bring your own sheets for the bed. C-Section, you’re probably out the same day. They cut you open like gutting a pig. Pathologists sew up a cadaver better than the surgeons do a living person. Oh yea, we have a metro and big shopping centers. Almost forgot.

5. Likes Luperon liked this post
    On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

99%? I think that someone is being played.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    C-Section, you’re probably out the same day. They cut you open like gutting a pig. Pathologists sew up a cadaver better than the surgeons do a living person.
    this i have seen, on a haitian girl who came to the pharmacy to get something for her c-section scar. all the way from between titties to inside her panties. with smaller, horizontal stitches. barbarity.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKing View Post
    And the Dominican paradox continues....

Mortalidad materna en República Dominicana - listindiario.com

SHALENA
    It really is a crime!
    I immagine most of this at the low end hospitals of public health.
    I hope at least at the high end hospitals in Santiago and Santo Domingo there is better service.
    One family member had an examination two weeks ago at CMB- Bournigal in PPL which seemed clean.
    An other family member survived a C section last week at a low end public hospital in PPL and stayed a few days.
    As we discussed before the DR has a percentage of C sections which is way too high, and consequently uneccesary.
    Who knows better than Shalena?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Just for the sake of the argument, it would be good to know what is the % of births in public hospitals and in private clinics.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Very true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Just for the sake of the argument, it would be good to know what is the % of births in public hospitals and in private clinics.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

it does not surprise me. public hospitals charge money and patients are clients. serving them is business. so the level of service is considerably higher. public hospitals are reality of all those who have no money and no insurance. or no money and insurance that does not cover maternity services.

there was an article few months back contributing high maternal mortality to the number of teenage pregnancies. apparently there are far more dangers if the mother is young and undernourished.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast