Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Where to find US style whole milk (gallon)

Hi,

I added this asked this late in the grocery thread, but it got missed by many, so I thought I would ask again.

Has anyone found any place in Santo Domingo that sells USA style regular milk (and or 2% or 1%), ie mcarthur milk, in gallon form? The only whole milk I found is Rica whole milk, and no one here at the house likes it.

I never get to buy any cereal here, because the milk here is crap.

Thanks.

2. Likes Harleysrock, curlando liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

In Miami .... 305 .

4. Likes tcast305, PeterInBrat liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yacht chef View Post
    In Miami .... 305 .
    JAJAJA..

Thought I would ask incase someone knew of a place in SD, but I guess its not available.

Thanks.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, the only milk I saw in La Sirena (SD) one time was Leche Rica(whole milk)

7. Likes tcast305 liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

The ONLY place I've personally ever seen a gallon of regular USA-type milk is at Turay in Bonao. I bought it.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never, in over 10 years, seen milk sold the way it is in the USA. I had to adapt to using powdered milk.

10. Likes PeterInBrat liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i could never understand this american milk thingy, i hate milk so much and never drank it, not even as a child. disgusting stuff.
    however, you can buy in DR milk directly from the moo, without processing. here in POP, and i am sure in any other city as well, small pickups pass barrios in the morning selling milk by liter/gallon, from large plastic or metal barrels. this is the purest milk that you can get. untreated. should be cooked before consumption. i use it to make white cheese (curd cheese, i think it is called in english).
    would something like that make you happy?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    i could never understand this american milk thingy, i hate milk so much and never drank it, not even as a child. disgusting stuff.
    however, you can buy in DR milk directly from the moo, without processing. here in POP, and i am sure in any other city as well, small pickups pass barrios in the morning selling milk by liter/gallon, from large plastic or metal barrels. this is the purest milk that you can get. untreated. should be cooked before consumption. i use it to make white cheese (curd cheese, i think it is called in english).
    would something like that make you happy?
    have a care with the barrio thingy, princess. i don't live in a barrio, and my neighbor gets his moo juice from the pickups you describe.

13. Likes jinty05 liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bronzeallspice View Post
    Sorry, the only milk I saw in La Sirena (SD) one time was Leche Rica(whole milk)
    that Rica stuff is not milk. i have no idea what it is. still trying to figure it out, though.

15. Likes bronzeallspice, Harleysrock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    have a care with the barrio thingy, princess. i don't live in a barrio, and my neighbor gets his moo juice from the pickups you describe.
    i am sure those guys go wherever the clients are.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast