Lost Driver's license - what is the process?

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Anybody that lost it recently? What is the process if one have the Cedula and a copy of the Driver's license?

I found this information, but it's from 2002. Maybe somebody has newer information/experiences.

"2. Lost driver license

According to the decree 4587-59, you have to go to the police (Secci?n de Denuncias y Querellas) and get a certification stating the loss of your driver license. You need to bring your c?dula.

With the certification you go to the Direcci?n General de Tr?nsito Terrestre.. If you are lucky, you will show up in the system and they will issue a license. If you do not show up in the system, then you will have to start all over again."

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
And if you are not in "the system" in Banreservas, don't worry, just go to another branch and try there...

I was not in the system in banreservas in Bavaro and was told I need to get me a "Certificado de cedula" to pay the tax which I did, cost me 5K DOP. Only to find out a week later in a branch of banreservas in La Romana that I was in the system there and they screwed it for whatever reason in the branch in Bavaro :(:) Viva la republica lol